So what's the scoop on buyers that don't fill out gig requirements? I have an "incomplete" order.

songbirdcottage

Hello Fiverr Community!

So I've been on Fiverr for a few years now and I have NEVER had a buyer purchase a gig and then ghost me. Thankfully I have requirements in place that have to be filled out, otherwise the order would be active already.

So my question is, what happens to orders that are left incomplete? Does the order simply go away? Or can the buyer come back at the last minute and request content? 

I'm thinking that I may need to contact support about this buyer. He has some nasty reviews and a history of poor communication. 

Any insights would be appreciated.

• Like 8

Yes, what I'm saying is that if you have request to order active, you can simply not start any order until you have all the needed instructions/assets, and thereby never run into that problem again. A buyer who has an history of not responding to sellers and poor reviews is a buyer you should choose not to work with, the risk isn't worth it.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Yes, what I'm saying is that if you have request to order active, you can simply not start any order until you have all the needed instructions/assets, and thereby never run into that problem again. A buyer who has an history of not responding to sellers and poor reviews is a buyer you should choose not to work with, the risk isn't worth it.

So, the order stays in purgatory indefinitely? I wish Fiverr would have an order placement expiration date and then delete orders that buyers abandon and refuse to answer the requirements for. 

Can we block buyers that repeatedly do this?

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, songbirdcottage said:

So, the order stays in purgatory indefinitely?

If you have request to order on, the order isn't even started, so it's not in purgatory, it isn't there. Buyers can't place orders at all, you send the custom offer once you have all needed info. If you allow buyers to order from your page without contacting you, then yes, if they place an order and don't supply any info, there's nothing you can do. 

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 8

An 'incomplete' order that hasn't started can sit on  your dashboard forever. I've had some languishing for 2+ years in the past. CS told me that I'd have to request cancellation and it should not count against my order completion percentage. If it did for some reason, just contact them and they'd take care of it.

The 'Request to Order' feature Visualstudios is talking about is a Seller Plus feature you can turn on and off at will.

• Like 7