How many times can a keword be used in a gig ??

mazharul571284

Question

22 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Using each of them more than that is pointless. For example, if I use a keyword in the title, it is unnecessary to use it in my description or tags. 

Did your SPM show any proof (eg. data/chart or code) to show that it was pointless using them in more than one place (that it made no difference)?

Even if the search ranking algorithm ignored it when they were in more than one place (eg. gig title+gig description) isn't it helping the buyer know that the gig is relevant to them to have them in more than one place sometimes? eg. in a gig that had "proofread", "website" and "copyedit" in the gig title (to show that's what the gig was for) wouldn't the gig likely not do as well if none of those were in the gig description too (helping the buyer know that it's the correct gig for them)?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 12

28 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Did your SPM show any proof (eg. data/chart or code) to show that it was pointless using them in more than one place (that it made no difference)?

@uk1000 , you remind me of my students who continually had "what if" scenarios to challenge what I taught them. 

Of course, when I am in a Zoom meeting, and my SPM gives me information, I do not ask for data, charts, or other proof that what they tell me is true. That would be ridiculous! 

32 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Even if the search ranking algorithm ignored it when they were in more than one place (eg. gig title+gig description) isn't it helping the buyer know that the gig is relevant to them to have them in more than one place sometimes?

Of course, repeating the keyword(s) is not bad; however, it is unnecessary. 

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Of course, repeating the keyword(s) is not bad; however, it is unnecessary. 

If you took those words out of your gig description (proofread, website and copyedit) are you saying your gig would do just as well (because you'd find alternative words to use there instead)? If so would you try it or do you think it's too risky because it might lead to less sales?

10 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I do not ask for data, charts, or other proof that what they tell me is true. That would be ridiculous! 

but then you can't be totally certain that it actual does have no effect at all not to have them in more than one place (or repeated in a place, such as the gig description). Staff might not have been told as much as the people who write the code know or the people who do the data analysis of the stats.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Sometimes I feel that you would also question if Earth is round…

Well I can see proof that it's not flat, though.

You've also used the same word more than once and in more than one place (eg. gig title/gig description). If you really think it makes no difference at all why not remove the other ones and just have any keyword once in one place like managers are saying is all you need? But surely you know it can help though so that's why you write the gigs the way you do, despite what those managers have said?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Because there is just no replacement word for “logo” when I’m trying to describe a  logo

Yes, and probably the other keywords you use more than once in the description and also where some might be in the title+description, which shows what those managers are saying (about it not making any difference when you have them in more than one place - that it doesn't help to do that (and that you're better to use other words) is not necessarily always correct (at least for some gigs).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

which shows what those managers are saying (about it not making any difference when you have them in more than one place - that it doesn't help to do that (and that you're better to use other words) is not necessarily always correct (at least for some gigs).

I have more details to disprove your theory but halas, I can’t share it as per seller plus membership rules. But if you want you can subscribe to seller plus and ask SPMs yourself (though the current ones are not as good as the first ones we had) 

and no, I don’t have repeated keywords where they matter 😉

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 10
  • Up 3

28 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

and no, I don’t have repeated keywords where they matter

though you have "watercolour" the maximum of 4 times in one gig description, "logo" the maximum of 4 times in the same gig description, "design" multiple times in the description, "drawing" the maximum of 4 times in the gig description.  "watercolour" in the description and search tags. "logo" in the title, description, search tags and package titles etc.

What Fiverr could show to prove it one way or another, to see whether it helps or makes it worse to repeat them in certain places (eg. to have a keyword in the search tags that's also in the gig title, or maybe whether having some keywords repeated in the gig description helps is to show us the average amount of orders received each week for both types (with and without them).

eg. they could show the average orders per week for gigs in the same subcategories, with the same prices/basic prices (maybe where the gig titles were similar lengths >=a certain number of words) and for different number of search tag keywords in the title for each price (eg. stats for 0 of them in the title, stats for 1, 2, 3...5) of them and it would show if it really does likely help or more it worse by doing each of those things.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10

21 hours ago, uk1000 said:

though you have "watercolour" the maximum of 4 times in one gig description, "logo" the maximum of 4 times in the same gig description, "design" multiple times in the description, "drawing" the maximum of 4 times in the gig description.  "watercolour" in the description and search tags. "logo" in the title, description, search tags and package titles etc.

What Fiverr could show to prove it one way or another, to see whether it helps or makes it worse to repeat them in certain places (eg. to have a keyword in the search tags that's also in the gig title, or maybe whether having some keywords repeated in the gig description helps is to show us the average amount of orders received each week for both types (with and without them).

eg. they could show the average orders per week for gigs in the same subcategories, with the same prices/basic prices (maybe where the gig titles were similar lengths >=a certain number of words) and for different number of search tag keywords in the title for each price (eg. stats for 0 of them in the title, stats for 1, 2, 3...5) of them and it would show if it really does likely help or more it worse by doing each of those things.

Yes, that's how you work out how to optimize for google.  However, Fiverr is not google - it has a totally different algorithm based, so we're told, on search intent, rather than keywords

I don't know how that works.  All I can say is my experience.  When I ignore keyword plaement in gig descriptions, relying on my attractive personality and sense of humour ... I get nothing.  When I carefully place keywords in title and description, I get some traction. 

Descriptions must contain no more than three instances of the same keyword - but as @mariashtelle1 pointed out, there's no other way of saying "logo" when that's what your gig is about. 

I mainly use different keywords in tags.

• Like 8
  • Up 2