More delivered > More messages

charlsmcfarlane

Question

I often find that the more orders I deliver quickly, the more messages I start to receive from prospects. I'm assuming the algorithm is recommending my gigs more either because it sees I'm delivering fast, which is obviously a good thing, or it's seeing that I'm about to be more free to take on new orders (or a mixture of the both).

I notice it especially when I put more hours in than normal to clear my backlog so I can go on holiday for a week, for example. I then find that I get double my usual number of potential buyers contacting me while I'm on holiday. The same thin has happened the last two times I went on holiday.

I don't know if I'm imagining this. Has anyone else noticed this kind of response to clearing out a lot of orders in quick succession?

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

9 answers to this question

On 8/31/2023 at 5:33 AM, charlsmcfarlane said:

I often find that the more orders I deliver quickly, the more messages I start to receive from prospects. I'm assuming the algorithm is recommending my gigs more either because it sees I'm delivering fast, which is obviously a good thing, or it's seeing that I'm about to be more free to take on new orders (or a mixture of the both).

I notice it especially when I put more hours in than normal to clear my backlog so I can go on holiday for a week, for example. I then find that I get double my usual number of potential buyers contacting me while I'm on holiday. The same thin has happened the last two times I went on holiday.

I don't know if I'm imagining this. Has anyone else noticed this kind of response to clearing out a lot of orders in quick succession?

Fiverr doesn't want you to take holidays, lol

If I were Fiverr, I would definitely like to promote guys who deliver fast (and obviously deliver well), earn well (and effectively giving me a chance to earn as well), keep their buyers happy. 

If, let's say you have several orders in your bucket, and you are frequently clearing them off and getting good reviews/ratings (BSR as well), why wouldn't Fiverr want to keep you on top of the list? 

• Like 14
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/30/2023 at 2:03 PM, charlsmcfarlane said:

Has anyone else noticed this kind of response to clearing out a lot of orders in quick succession?

Yes, Fiverr always promotes me the most when I'm busy delivering orders (and promotes me even more when I deliver more orders, faster). Having longer delivery times and delivering early always works better than shorter delivery times (and delivering closer to the due date).

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Yes, Fiverr always promotes me the most when I'm busy delivering orders (and promotes me even more when I deliver more orders, faster). Having longer delivery times and delivering early always works better than shorter delivery times (and delivering closer to the due date).

On 8/31/2023 at 8:03 AM, charlsmcfarlane said:

Sure, this is all true. Check your impressions and clicks, They will also rise. 

This is one of the reasons that I am convinced that you must sell and keep selling to be successful on Fiverr.
All the talk on the forum about staying active, staying online, SEO, social media, etc. is just not working.  It is all about sales. “Selling gigs” is the key. And by selling, I am not talking about selling $5 or $10 gigs. Fiverr wants to earn money, and this is why they are now pushing the “PRO” gigs more than before at the top of the search results.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3