A buyer wants to cancel an order for no good reason.

yassine_korea

Had a buyer who requested a numerical simulation of a physical system. He sent me the requirements and all, made him a custom offer of 90$ for a delivery time of 7 days and unlimited revisions. I was given all the inputs I needed except the system's geometry. I asked him several about it and he just gave me a go to choose the geometry myself as long as it is the study that mattered and the physical fields that will be represented there as well as their distribution, and not the system itself. So I went on with a geometry I chose (based on the very few indices he gave me), and delivered the work 1 day before deadline. Then he suprised me with order cancelation request claiming that the system isn't what he actually and that the work isn't actually useful for him, so I just kept re-delivering and he kept requesting revisions (which is why I shouldn't have made unlimited revisions) or requesting canceling. He filed a complaint to Fiverr which immediately canceled the order, dropped my completion rate, and increased my average response time by 8 hours !

Long story short, I contacted Fiverr' Customer Service, opened up a case, sent all the proofs necessary (The final delivery, the requirements, conversation screenshots where he gave me a go with the geometry) that I completed the order as requested within the deadline and argued my way through it with, and after 4 days of toing-and-froing they restored my completion rate to 100% and reimbursed me with 60$ (out of the 72$ I was supposed to receive after order completion).

Morality/Lesson :

- Unlimited revisions is a mistake (often).

- Fiverr value buyers way more than their seller (questionably), but if you see that you've got a case, don't give up and go claim your rights, even if it may sound desperate.

- If the project is suitable to milestone payments instead of full one-single payment, I think that'd be better.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

On 8/26/2023 at 1:34 PM, yassine_korea said:

so I just kept re-delivering and he kept requesting revisions (which is why I shouldn't have made unlimited revisions) or requesting canceling. He filed a complaint to Fiverr which immediately canceled the order, dropped my completion rate, and increased my average response time by 8 hours !

you were lucky here, redelivering the same thing all over again can result in a warning from Fiverr 

On 8/26/2023 at 1:34 PM, yassine_korea said:

- Unlimited revisions is a mistake (often).

it's a mistake... always 

• Like 5

On 8/28/2023 at 3:00 PM, cre8iveartwork said:

you were lucky here, redelivering the same thing all over again can result in a warning from Fiverr 

I never knew this, thank you for the information. Though how can this warning affect you as a seller ?

On 8/28/2023 at 3:00 PM, cre8iveartwork said:

it's a mistake... always 

I used to do this in my very early days on Fiverr in order to make my gig more appalling, but one should charge for this actually. 

Thank you for intercation. Much fruitful.

• Like 3