Urgent : A buyer ( new to Fiverr) shared whats-app number

hamzayounis_105

Question

Hi, a buyer probably new to Fiverr just messaged me and we discussed all details but after it buyer sent the whats-app number ( he said thats easy to talk there) I replied that it's totally against Fiverr Tos, and you are breaking the rules by sharing such info. 

The buyer understood it and agreed to stay on fiverr. Should I work with that buyer? or report ? Is there any threat to my account?

Please reply ASAP

• Like 16

20 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, hamzayounis_105 said:

Hi, a buyer probably new to Fiverr just messaged me and we discussed all details but after it buyer sent the whats-app number ( he said thats easy to talk there) I replied that it's totally against Fiverr Tos, and you are breaking the rules by sharing such info. 

The buyer understood it and agreed to stay on fiverr. Should I work with that buyer? or report ? Is there any threat to my account?

Please reply ASAP

@vickieito  Please if you are free, tell me 

• Like 15

সমস্যা নাই করতে পারেন তবে ফাইবারের বাহিরে কোন আলোচনা চলবে না আগে ওডার দিতে বলেন তাহলে ফাইবারের বাহির এ আলোচনা করতে পারবেন তখন আর ফাইবার ঝামেলা করবে না কারন বায়ার তো ততখনে অলরেডি ফাইবার কে অডার দিছে আপনার জন্য 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dm_team360 said:

সমস্যা নাই করতে পারেন তবে ফাইবারের বাহিরে কোন আলোচনা চলবে না আগে ওডার দিতে বলেন তাহলে ফাইবারের বাহির এ আলোচনা করতে পারবেন তখন আর ফাইবার ঝামেলা করবে না কারন বায়ার তো ততখনে অলরেডি ফাইবার কে অডার দিছে আপনার জন্য 

Should I open a ticket and inform toCS? Or is it not required?

• Like 12

2 hours ago, hamzayounis_105 said:

Please reply ASAP

important that you said that it is against Fiverr Tos, by doing it you have educated the buyer who didn't know he had done something wrong.

• Like 15
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hamzayounis_105 said:

Hi @hamzayounis_105,

I agree with @venonusa & @picaya - sometimes buyers will ask to use communication tools that they are familiar with without knowing about Fiverr's ToS. Once you informed your client that communication should remain on Fiverr, the buyer immediately agreed to follow Fiverr's rules. So you are safe as long as both of you keep communications on Fiverr.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

So today a buyer message me and after sharing the details of the work, the buyer sent the phone number, I warned them politely that it was against the rules (the buyer was new, and it's not happening the first time ) and the buyer understood that he had done wrong and asked me to help him as its first time there, I send the link of Fiver TOS to read it first.

Previously in the same situation with the new buyer, I did the same and messaged them that it was against the rules. Also opened the ticket to make CS know what happened. CS told me that I did right by warning the buyer but I should keep on reporting us if it happens again. This time I reported the buyer from chat and also opened a ticket. But now when I delivered the order a few minutes ago, the buyer was banned or restricted (I got it confirmed when I opened that chat area of the buyer there was only an option to chat on the order page and not on the message. After it, I checked their profile which was also not showing it kept redirected to my dashboard. so it's confirmed buyer got banned/ may be temporary). Now what's for me, what will happen to the order that I delivered? 

AM I SAFE? because I didn't do anything wrong and also warned the buyer immediately when they send their number.

• Like 14

58 minutes ago, hamzayounis_105 said:

So today a buyer message me and after sharing the details of the work, the buyer sent the phone number, I warned them politely that it was against the rules (the buyer was new, and it's not happening the first time ) and the buyer understood that he had done wrong and asked me to help him as its first time there, I send the link of Fiver TOS to read it first.

Previously in the same situation with the new buyer, I did the same and messaged them that it was against the rules. Also opened the ticket to make CS know what happened. CS told me that I did right by warning the buyer but I should keep on reporting us if it happens again. This time I reported the buyer from chat and also opened a ticket. But now when I delivered the order a few minutes ago, the buyer was banned or restricted (I got it confirmed when I opened that chat area of the buyer there was only an option to chat on the order page and not on the message. After it, I checked their profile which was also not showing it kept redirected to my dashboard. so it's confirmed buyer got banned/ may be temporary). Now what's for me, what will happen to the order that I delivered? 

AM I SAFE? because I didn't do anything wrong and also warned the buyer immediately when they send their number.

Can anyone say something, please?

• Like 13

4 hours ago, hamzayounis_105 said:

The buyer just asked for a revision and I completed it. Let see what happens next

According to the fiverr terms of service, sharing personal contact information like phone numbers is strictly forbidden by fiverr, and users who break that rule can get banned from fiverr. You did the right thing by warning the buyer and reporting them to customer support. However, it seems that fiverr has taken action against the buyer and suspended their account. you should keep an eye on your order page and dashboard and see if there are any updates or notifications from fiverr. you should also keep your ticket open and follow up with the customer support until you get a clear answer and resolution.

• Like 10

21 hours ago, masterhand_gd said:

According to the fiverr terms of service, sharing personal contact information like phone numbers is strictly forbidden by fiverr, and users who break that rule can get banned from fiverr. You did the right thing by warning the buyer and reporting them to customer support. However, it seems that fiverr has taken action against the buyer and suspended their account. you should keep an eye on your order page and dashboard and see if there are any updates or notifications from fiverr. you should also keep your ticket open and follow up with the customer support until you get a clear answer and resolution.

Everything went fine, buyer accepted the delivery and also gave me 5-star feedback, also I informed the situation to Customer support and they told me that I did right.

Everything has been fine till now, but when I go the message of that buyer, it shows that the buyer is no longer able to be contacted but the buyer is shown online. I think that the buyer can no longer message me.

• Like 9

21 hours ago, hamzayounis_105 said:

Everything went fine, buyer accepted the delivery and also gave me 5-star feedback, also I informed the situation to Customer support and they told me that I did right.

Everything has been fine till now, but when I go the message of that buyer, it shows that the buyer is no longer able to be contacted but the buyer is shown online. I think that the buyer can no longer message me.

Well, based on my experience in the past I have encountered similar situations where if Fiverr bans or suspends a fraudulent user for any reason then his recent order(s) gets canceled and the amount is refunded as well regardless of the feedback if the buyer has closed the order or left it on the order. Everything is reversed except for the fact you lose the work and the buyer still gets to keep it.

In your case, it seems like things might have silently changed which Fiverr does without any proper updates(a simple newsletter compiling recent important changes is always handy) and the order went fine regardless of the fact you are unable to contact the buyer.

However, I still highly doubt if the user is banned from the platform and here it seems like you are the only one unable to communicate with the buyer. I wonder did you report any of his messages earlier? Try to ask support what's going on here and why you are unable to connect with the buyer here.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, hamzayounis_105 said:

yeah, I reported that message before contacting support

In that case, you might wanna check if you have accidentally hit the spam button and it is marked as spam. If that's the case you can unmark it.

But it's just a hunch.

• Like 6