Need expert help

mrubaid820

Question

Hello everyone,

Yesterday morning, I received a message from a client who needed some graphic designs for their TikTok live. We communicated, and he accepted my offer. I get quite excited whenever a new order comes in, so I delivered the product to him within 12 hours. When I delivered the product, the client claimed that the final files were not opening. he asked me to send the final files to my Gmail so that he could easily download them. I explained that sending files through Gmail is against Fiverr's policies, and I couldn't do it. a little while later, he accepted the order However, since I didn't send the files via Gmail, they gave me a 4-star rating and left.

A few minutes later, I received another message from him, saying that he need more graphics for their TikTok and Discord communities and that he will message me again in 2 weeks. The thing is, I provided him with high-quality work without any revisions, but despite that, he still gave me a 4-star rating.

And if, after 2 weeks, I receive another message from this client, and he still gives me a 4-star rating, what should I do? Because I am quite upset due to this 4-star rating.

Moreover, this client asked me to send files through Gmail, which makes me uncomfortable. Should I block this client, or should I contact Customer Support about it?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, mrubaid820 said:

Should I block this client, or should I contact Customer Support about it?

You can do both - you can report the buyer for trying to take conversation off the platform and you can also block this buyer so that he cannot place another order with you. 

To report the buyer, just click on the flag next to the message where they asked for you to communicate with them off the platform. However, I would only do this if the buyer was absolutely persistent about using gmail when you told them that it was against Fiverr's ToS. Sometimes buyers will ask to take conversation off the platform just because it's easier for them (and are usually okay with using Fiverr's platform once you tell them it's not allowed).

To block the buyer, visit their profile and click on the block icon right below their name. This should prevent the buyer from contacting you or placing an order with you in the future.

1 hour ago, mrubaid820 said:

Because I am quite upset due to this 4-star rating.

Just so you know - a 4-star review is still considered a good review. I've had repeat buyers give me 4.3 & 4.7 stars (with tips) and their reviews were positive like yours. However, I understand how much one such review impacts your account when you only have 10 reviews there.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Maybe the client was new here and wasn't acquainted with Fiverr's terms of service.  It's ok that you explained to him and followed the rules.
Even if they are not new, people need reminders!

and about the review and stars, I guess it can help if you ask them the reason, improve the quality or make your clients happier. we can't expect all the clients a 5-star review, but we should always do our best to improve. For the second order, after you asked the client for feedback and consider them on the final version accurately, you'll have more chances to get a 5-star.

Final word: take it easy, remind people what they may have forgotten, and be open to criticism!

I wish you all the best!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

You can do both - you can report the buyer for trying to take conversation off the platform and you can also block this buyer so that he cannot place another order with you. 

To report the buyer, just click on the flag next to the message where they asked for you to communicate with them off the platform. However, I would only do this if the buyer was absolutely persistent about using gmail when you told them that it was against Fiverr's ToS. Sometimes buyers will ask to take conversation off the platform just because it's easier for them (and are usually okay with using Fiverr's platform once you tell them it's not allowed).

To block the buyer, visit their profile and click on the block icon right below their name. This should prevent the buyer from contacting you or placing an order with you in the future.

Just so you know - a 4-star review is still considered a good review. I've had repeat buyers give me 4.3 & 4.7 stars (with tips) and their reviews were positive like yours. However, I understand how much one such review impacts your account when you only have 10 reviews there.

I agree with this.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, vickieito said:

@vickieito

Yes, absolutely. Because I am a new seller and I don't have many reviews, I was feeling upset due to the 4-star rating as it was affecting my overall rating. But now, I have realized that whatever had to happen, has happened. I have learned a lot from this experience. thank you for the guide. and in this community, you are my one of favorite personality.

• Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gurgenbenashvil said:

Maybe the client was new here and wasn't acquainted with Fiverr's terms of service.  It's ok that you explained to him and followed the rules.
Even if they are not new, people need reminders!

and about the review and stars, I guess it can help if you ask them the reason, improve the quality or make your clients happier. we can't expect all the clients a 5-star review, but we should always do our best to improve. For the second order, after you asked the client for feedback and consider them on the final version accurately, you'll have more chances to get a 5-star.

Final word: take it easy, remind people what they may have forgotten, and be open to criticism!

I wish you all the best!

@gurgenbenashvil He wasn't a new buyer; he had worked with several sellers before this as well. you are right; we shouldn't have the expectation of receiving 5 stars with every client. Thank you, man,

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, taiebmollah said:

It's unfortunate that you received a lower rating despite delivering high-quality work promptly. If you receive another 4-star rating after the next project, you could consider reaching out to the client to understand their feedback and see if there's anything specific they weren't satisfied with. It might help in addressing any concerns and improving their experience.

Regarding sending files through Gmail, it's essential to follow Fiverr's policies to ensure a safe and reliable transaction process. If you feel uncomfortable with a client's request, you could politely explain the platform's guidelines and suggest alternative methods for delivering files securely. Blocking the client should be a last resort; consider reaching out to Fiverr's Customer Support for guidance on how to handle the situation and maintain a professional approach.

@taiebmollah thank you

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, designer_luxury said:

If you give your top-notch service to your buyer, then he can give you 5 stars. Or you have to check that your is not a new person here or not. And new you can convince them that Gmail is agains TOS, but I can share my google drive link with your file. You can take your file there.

@designer_luxury I had provided him with high-quality work; if there's any higher-quality work than this, I will definitely do it for him next time.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, abdheshkjha said:

You can report the buyer and also mark as Spam. So, that buyer can not communicate with you, after the new update, there is no any option to block the buyer from our end.

Option to block is still there. 🙂 

They have removed the direct button from the chat window but we can block if the need arises. 

• Like 4