Anyone know for how long the Private review/feedback is available?

nickkold

Question

Does anyone know for how long the Private review/feedback is available for customers?

How many days/weeks?

Having a difficult repeating customer and I'm afraid to turn down the job, if he leaves a bad private review afterwards on our previous order. But maybe I don't have to worry, if the private review has expired (it's been a while since the last order). Anyone know?

• Like 10

7 answers to this question

Just now, michmikaia said:

Hi. If it's a bad private review, it might affect your gigs for up to 180 days.

@donnovan86 can you give more info about it?

I basically just need to know for how long the private review is available for the customer. Not how long a bad review is affecting your account. I don't think I will get a bad review because the customer has tipped me my biggest tip yet, but I wanna be on the safe side, in case I turn down this order he wants me to do. I have RTO on btw, so I can choose between the orders.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, nickkold said:

I don't think I will get a bad review because the customer has tipped me my biggest tip yet

Then that shouldn't be a worry. Always focus on having the best customer satisfaction rate and don't worry about bad reviews. These bad private reviews can appear out of nowhere.

As for how much time does a person have, if you go here, https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049982353-Reviews-and-ratings?segment=buyer, it says this:

1. Why can't I add a review to my order?

Both buyers and sellers have up to 14 days to provide a review.
After this time frame, there will no longer be an option to provide a review.

So people have 14 days to leave a review. It also says this "24 hours after the buyer leaves a public review, the option to leave a private review will become available. You will get an email and a notification on Fiverr letting you know that you have the ability to leave a private review." 

So if we take that into account, the buyer has a little over 2 weeks to leave a review. Although I will say this, I asked one of my buyers to complete private reviews along with public reviews if possible, as my seller manager mentioned. That buyer orders weekly, and he told me was able to complete 3 private reviews, so that means you can most likely leave a private review to an order that's over 3 weeks old. Not sure if it was a bug that my client encountered, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

The thing is, you can't really try and evade a private review. Fiverr sends multiple emails to customers and I think notifications within the platform as well. So they have multiple chances to leave one. 

• Like 14
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Then that shouldn't be a worry. Always focus on having the best customer satisfaction rate and don't worry about bad reviews. These bad private reviews can appear out of nowhere.

As for how much time does a person have, if you go here, https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049982353-Reviews-and-ratings?segment=buyer, it says this:

1. Why can't I add a review to my order?

Both buyers and sellers have up to 14 days to provide a review.
After this time frame, there will no longer be an option to provide a review.

So people have 14 days to leave a review. It also says this "24 hours after the buyer leaves a public review, the option to leave a private review will become available. You will get an email and a notification on Fiverr letting you know that you have the ability to leave a private review." 

So if we take that into account, the buyer has a little over 2 weeks to leave a review. Although I will say this, I asked one of my buyers to complete private reviews along with public reviews if possible, as my seller manager mentioned. That buyer orders weekly, and he told me was able to complete 3 private reviews, so that means you can most likely leave a private review to an order that's over 3 weeks old. Not sure if it was a bug that my client encountered, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

The thing is, you can't really try and evade a private review. Fiverr sends multiple emails to customers and I think notifications within the platform as well. So they have multiple chances to leave one. 

Thanks for the clarification!

Just to be clear - My point wasn't that I was afraid of a bad review because of how the orders have gone. It's more because I don't know how the customer will react if I don't wanna take on the order. Some people can be quite spiteful - even though how nice you are - just wanted to see if I could avoid such a situation. So I'm fully aware of the mentality you describe & agree with you. 

Edited by nickkold
  • Like 11

34 minutes ago, nickkold said:

Some people can be quite spiteful - even though how nice you are - just wanted to see if I could avoid such a situation. So I'm fully aware of the mentality you describe & agree with you. 

I know. The worst part is that some people will behave nicely in front and very bad with private reviews. I barely had bad reviews the past 6 months, if at all. Yet for some reason my buyer satisfaction rate was quite low, compared to public reviews. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, nickkold said:

It's more because I don't know how the customer will react if I don't wanna take on the order. Some people can be quite spiteful

I think that's a valid concern, so I usually wait until that 14-day period expires before telling any buyer that I won't take on their next project/request, just to be safe. Luckily I don't have to deal with difficult repeat buyers often.

6 hours ago, nickkold said:

I have RTO on btw

This works better than blocking these difficult repeat buyers (because blocking can make them spiteful). Some of these repeat buyers feel that you have to do their projects, but as long as you have the RTO feature, you don't have to. I still block some who think they can force me into another order.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1