Demoted!

glow_writer

Oh dear. No words... except, I wouldn't touch this site with a very long stick! (Gridinsoft).

This is the kind of language I'd expect from someone trying to get me to send $10,000... to allow a solicitor to send me the sum my long-lost uncle left me as an inheritance.

oh dear.png

Edited by anniejenkinson
  • Like 7
  • Up 2

On 11/14/2023 at 1:09 PM, anniejenkinson said:

I was quite attracted to try it until I visited their site. Their appalling English makes them sound like scammers themselves! In the first few lines in big letters, I read:

'in a computer systems'

and

'detect third-party interference in the computer operating'

and 

'new and emergency threats'! They mean 'emerging' threats.

Eh. what? I dread to think what blunders I'd see if I read the rest. 😄

grid.png

Well, it worked for me, and that is the most important thing. You sort your issues however you want. You do also understand that writing or speaking perfect English is not a mark of intelligence? These people developed something that helped me solve my problem. Whether their English is impeccable or not is none of my business.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, glow_writer said:

You do also understand that writing or speaking perfect English is not a mark of intelligence?

Nobody said it was a mark of intelligence.

However, a business site with English that's full of mistakes does look unprofessional. And that makes people wonder if the product is reliable and if the company is trustworthy.

A proofreader isn't that expensive.

• Like 8
  • Up 3

On 11/16/2023 at 7:09 AM, catwriter said:

Nobody said it was a mark of intelligence.

However, a business site with English that's full of mistakes does look unprofessional. And that makes people wonder if the product is reliable and if the company is trustworthy.

A proofreader isn't that expensive.

As if you don't know that there are people on this platform who neither write nor speak impeccable English, but they still make incredible sales. These sellers are professionals and know what they are doing on this platform. If your only issue is that they do not write nor speak good English, well, that is discriminatory. You don't need impeccable English to code and create a piece of software. It is definitely a good thing for them to consider hiring a proofreader. 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, glow_writer said:

As if you don't know that there are people on this platform who neither write nor speak impeccable English, but they still make incredible sales. These sellers are professionals and know what they are doing on this platform. If your only issue is that they do not write nor speak good English, well, that is discriminatory. You don't need impeccable English to code and create a piece of software. It is definitely a good thing for them to consider hiring a proofreader. 

Language should never be the benchmark of the capabilities of a professional - if a person is working in isolation and is good at what they do. e.g. someone who is amazing at garment construction and works in production or a doctor serving the neighbourhood and treating people. 

But when one is working in an environment where they might need to interact with people from different walks of life, then having decent/good command over a common language becomes a necessity. Case in point, this website which is selling anti-malware software - their customers can be from any part of the world. So a website which describes and presents its products in simple, reliable and understandable language is good for their own business!!😇

What if someone buys their software by misunderstanding a poorly described product feature and their system gets infected by malware or ransomware??🙅‍♂️

• Like 9
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, glow_writer said:

You don't need impeccable English to code and create a piece of software.

Of course not. But proper English might help sell it (if they're selling to the global audience, and not just the locals), and build trust.

I mean, if someone's English is similar to the English of certain "widows" or "princes" that offer me a fortune after I get in contact with their lawyer and give them my personal info and deposit a significant sum of money, yes, I'm going to be suspicious.

2 hours ago, glow_writer said:

It is definitely a good thing for them to consider hiring a proofreader. 

Definitely.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, catwriter said:

I mean, if someone's English is similar to the English of certain "widows" or "princes" that offer me a fortune after I get in contact with their lawyer and give them my personal info and deposit a significant sum of money, yes, I'm going to be suspicious.

You are the second person so far that has alluded to this type of thing since we started discussing solution to the O.P's issues. Where did that come from? What is the connection between this and the O.P's issues? 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

What if someone buys their software by misunderstanding a poorly described product feature and their system gets infected by malware or ransomware??🙅‍♂️

Wait............ The wrong English will make the person's system get infected? Damn.

Edited by glow_writer
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, glow_writer said:

You have never answered I don't know to a question all your life?

Sure, if I was being asked directly and didn't know the answer.

But that's not the same as responding to a question on a public forum just to say "I don't know". You aren't obligated to respond to every post you see.

• Like 2
  • Up 8

4 minutes ago, mhallvo said:

Sure, if I was being asked directly and didn't know the answer.

But that's not the same as responding to a question on a public forum just to say "I don't know". You aren't obligated to respond to every post you see.

You can't determine for me when and how to respond. It is a public forum like you stated. I didn't say anything wrong. If you have an answer to the question, provide yours. 

• Like 2