Fiverr PRO 2.0

newsmike

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:
1 hour ago, frank_d said:

So wait, are they accepting more Pro sellers? 

They aren't accepting them. They are automatically converting sellers that didn't even apply. Some of them with gigs with... questionable English, etc. The threshold seems to be selling price, mostly.

Do we have actual confirmation that Fiverr is automatically converting sellers to Pro? If this is based off of the email that @smashradioshared earlier, he did apply, so I would be more comfortable with a second example.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

It can be. It can also have something to do with some very interesting numbers on the quarterly earning report - namely, that more than half the revenue Fiverr made came from orders over $200. This means it may make sense to focus on higher priced services more, and less on the low value gigs, and try to do an aggressive pivot to becoming a more professional platform, targeted directly at businesses.

The thing that doesn’t make sense if the point is they are trying to focus on higher priced services is the fact there is now no minimum. A pro gig can now start at $5 if it wants to. As someone who was already a pro member I’m worried about what will happen from here on out.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrygrantvo said:

Not gonna lie - all this makes me veeeeery nervous.

Yes, I understand and agree. New initiatives in the past by Fiverr haven't always dropped seamlessly. However, if something like this move is top-down motivated, as indicated by the email from Micha, that makes me a bit more comfortable.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Just now, visualstudios said:

Just look into one of the posts in this thread of a level two seller saying he got automatically bumped to pro. And look at the gig. It doesn't look too good.

Maybe he was invited to start the process, which would include vetting hopefully. Maybe initial invites go out based on numbers of sales. He is not yet PRO. Time will tell.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

Maybe they have decided to have some sellers that meet their criteria be “pro” verified and have the choice to have $100 price points on gigs with the badge that focus on Fiverr Business and if they want to have a lower starting price gig with no badge in the same subcategory they can?

That would still keep the integrity of the pro prices and badges while also letting lower package shoppers know that this seller is verified.

Edited by bethanyvo
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bethanyvo said:

Maybe they have decided to have some sellers that meet their criteria be “pro” verified and have the choice to have $100 price points on gigs with the badge that focus on Fiverr Business and if they want to have a lower stating price gig with no badge in the same subcategory they can?

That would still keep the integrity of the pro prices and badges while also letting lower package shoppers know that this seller is verified.

Very possible! I just hope they don't accidentally set it up where those lower priced gigs show up on a Pro search. That would be an unfair competition situation.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, newsmike said:
3 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

I saw the one you said, @visualstudiosand yes, that looks particularly alarming!

Has he indeed been made PRO, or is he assuming because he got the email that he is automatically approved?

I'm checking further. The picture on the post, and the gig photo look to be two different people. I'm not sure we have confirmation that this person was actually bumped up to Pro. I may be looking at a different profile than the one @visualstudios spotted.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Maybe they have decided to have some sellers that meet their criteria be “pro” verified and have the choice to have $100 price points on gigs with the badge that focus on Fiverr Business and if they want to have a lower starting price gig with no badge in the same subcategory they can?

But the sellers are not verified it seems. For my Pro application I had to send a lot of documents related to my work, as well as my university degree diploma and all my professional certifications. People are now automatically getting the same badge. 

Also, I just had a look around my category and there a few new Pro sellers with 40-50$ gigs. Seems weird to me to dilute the Pro category so much when they had such a hard stance on only letting 1% of applications through. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 2
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

Very possible! I just hope they don't accidentally set it up where those lower priced gigs show up on a Pro search. That would be an unfair competition situation.

I agree! I hope that doesn’t change- the pro toggle should only show badged gigs

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1

This is the @danno1950 @newsmike this is the gig in question, clearly a Pro gig:

https://www.fiverr.com/lalitsdmittal/do-monthly-seo-for-your-website-for-google-1st-page-ranking?context_referrer=user_page&ref_ctx_id=22da758fcb982fd85c44ad4e367ceef4&pckg_id=1&pos=1&imp_id=d62dac68-ad4c-4922-bd50-243394113a35

Just look at the title, at the package descriptions, at the top clients, etc. This doesn't look very Pro to me.

He also speaks every language on earth 🙂

• Like 11
  • Haha 3
  • Congrats! 1

1 minute ago, alinam22 said:

just had a look around my category and there a few new Pro sellers with 40-50$ gigs.

Currently- I don’t think any gig under $100 has the actual pro badge on the gig. Only that the seller is pro verified in their profile.

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1

1 minute ago, alinam22 said:

Also, I just had a look around my category and there a few new Pro sellers with 40-50$ gigs. Seems weird to me to dilute the Pro category so much when they had such a hard stance on only letting 1% of applications through. 

I hope Fiverr doesn't dilute the category by allowing lower prices. I just checked Copy Editing, and all the Pros for now are holding the $100 minimum line. I checked the AI Content Editing site a while back, and spotted a couple of TRS with lower prices, and reported them to my SM. The gigs disappeared. So I guess we wait and see how that plays out site wide.

• Like 16
  • Congrats! 1

3 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

This is the @danno1950 @newsmike this is the gig in question, clearly a Pro gig:

https://www.fiverr.com/lalitsdmittal/do-monthly-seo-for-your-website-for-google-1st-page-ranking?context_referrer=user_page&ref_ctx_id=22da758fcb982fd85c44ad4e367ceef4&pckg_id=1&pos=1&imp_id=d62dac68-ad4c-4922-bd50-243394113a35

Just look at the title, at the package descriptions, at the top clients, etc. This doesn't look very Pro to me.

6% poor reviews. Just hovering at 94%

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1

11 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Why, you should be positioned well. 

Let's just say that I don't exactly have the greatest of confidence in their ability to make sweeping changes to how things work without royally screwing something up.

Additionally, they're approaching google levels of wishwash in terms of new sites/products/ideas they launch and let wither on the vine. Business, Studios, Briefs, Togetherr...

Looking at the list of affiliated businesses, half of them all seem to be doing the same thing Fiverr itself does, just each with little twist. I don't really get that.

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1

4 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

https://www.fiverr.com/lalitsdmittal/do-monthly-seo-for-your-website-for-google-1st-page-ranking

Edited 4 minutes ago by visualstudios

Thanks for the verification, @visualstudios. I was looking at a different gig. No, this doesn't look at all Pro. My initial response was - Yikes!

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1

My issue is not with the pricing, but with the quality. If we have pro sellers with low quality gigs (bad copy, for example), that makes the entire Pro section look less Pro. This is bad.

Unless perhaps we finally get our own site, paywall protected.  Directed traffic from main site based on requirements.  They did say the magic words "more traffic"

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Currently- I don’t think any gig under $100 has the actual pro badge on the gig. Only that the seller is pro verified in their profile.

Yes, that seems to be the case. I used Fiverr Business to check and the profiles there look totally different. It's hard to tell if the Gig itself is Pro when you just get shown the Pro profile front and center.

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1

4 minutes ago, bethanyvo said:
7 minutes ago, alinam22 said:

just had a look around my category and there a few new Pro sellers with 40-50$ gigs.

Ah! Now that's a significant distinction, for sure. Thanks for spotting it! Back when I joined Pro, they made me get rid of all my non-Pro gigs. So that policy may have changed over time.

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1