low Inbox response rate,how really works? First message only?

lacroix88

Question

I have a 94 percent response, and I have no idea how it happened since I always respond in a maximum of one hour. The only ones I possibly don't respond to are the ones where no response is needed and in any case they are not "first time messages"

How does this work?

• Like 24

24 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, lacroix88 said:

I have a 94 percent response, and I have no idea how it happened since I always respond in a maximum of one hour. The only ones I possibly don't respond to are the ones where no response is needed and in any case they are not "first time messages"

How does this work?

Check your Spam folder. You might have messages there which are not responded by you yet.

Else, kindly read this article (Question No. 3): https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452637-Response-rate-and-response-time-FAQs 

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Check your Spam folder. You might have messages there which are not responded by you yet.

Else, kindly read this article (Question No. 3): https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452637-Response-rate-and-response-time-FAQs 

I don't have  unread spam.
I should not be under 100 according to this article. What is your % ?

Edited by lacroix88
missing
  • Like 19

Hi @lacroix88, I had the same issue and brought it up to my Success Manager. I religiously answer every single message and even check my spam folder regularly because I notice the system will sometimes say I have unread messages when I don't.

When my Success Manager looked at it, she saw that there were some spam messages that I responded to right away that were accidentally counted as not being responded to. I'm not sure how that happened. So she had CS correct my response rate back to 100%.

You might want to contact CS (or your Success Manager if you have one) to take a look at that for you.

• Like 22

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @lacroix88, I had the same issue and brought it up to my Success Manager. I religiously answer every single message and even check my spam folder regularly because I notice the system will sometimes say I have unread messages when I don't.

When my Success Manager looked at it, she saw that there were some spam messages that I responded to right away that were accidentally counted as not being responded to. I'm not sure how that happened. So she had CS correct my response rate back to 100%.

You might want to contact CS (or your Success Manager if you have one) to take a look at that for you.

I think you are talking about the agent who follows you for fiverr plus,he is a paid agent so it is like paying to solve a problem that I didn't even create. That seems like too much 🙂 Anyway even if I wanted to I don't know if I'm eligible,but I think it's enough 20% and promoted gigs as an expense. I'd rather not add another one for now.

Anyway I am aware of the problem with unread posts,but I don't see any in any folder right now.

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, lacroix88 said:

Anyway I am aware of the problem with unread posts,but I don't see any in any folder right now.

Then contact CS to see if there were any spam messages that were incorrectly counted against you. They have access to that information and can adjust your stats, if they see that's the case. You don't need a Success Manager or be on Seller Plus to do that.

• Like 19

On 7/1/2023 at 10:23 AM, lacroix88 said:

I don't have  unread spam.
I should not be under 100 according to this article. What is your % ?

Well my stats are attached:

FiverrStats.PNG.331383ebd1df6a2db727dc3c6b6b0458.PNG

You can contact Customer Support regarding your issue then. 

On 7/1/2023 at 10:15 AM, lacroix88 said:

The only ones I possibly don't respond to are the ones where no response is needed and in any case they are not "first time messages"

You mean the conversation ended with a message from the buyer's side and you did not respond to it. Right?

• Like 15
  • Up 1

On 7/1/2023 at 11:15 AM, lacroix88 said:

How does this work?

You can set up quick response message which will go automatically when a buyer sends you a message. It'll help you to recover your response rate. I always do it so that I don't miss any message of the client. It's really effective. image.png.e473a6c5a6517ab7da48ec57377df34e.png Besides this, you can read this article. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452637-Response-rate-and-response-time-FAQs

• Like 14
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, anamul556 said:

I have a 94 percent response rate, and I don't know how it happened since I always respond within an hour at most. I just don't respond to those where no response is required and in any case, they are not "first-time messages".

This has something to do with the response of your Active Order messages. Please respond to your client on the order page just like you respond to your new clients. 

• Like 13
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, saadatique said:

This has something to do with the response of your Active Order messages. Please respond to your client on the order page just like you respond to your new clients. 

Thats interesting,im not so fast there,i didnt know it was affecting.

• Like 13
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, wpmanditech said:

You can set up quick response message which will go automatically when a buyer sends you a message. It'll help you to recover your response rate. I always do it so that I don't miss any message of the client. It's really effective. image.png.e473a6c5a6517ab7da48ec57377df34e.png Besides this, you can read this article. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452637-Response-rate-and-response-time-FAQs

Unfortunately system doesnt count the automatic reply for the response rate,you need to reply manually in any case-

• Like 13
  • Up 1

41 minutes ago, lacroix88 said:

Thats interesting,im not so fast there,i didnt know it was affecting.

Yes, you have to reply and show the order was received. I always do that anyway so for me it wasn't an issue. Until I didn't do this a few times and it dropped to 99% out of nowhere. So yeah, this is what you have to do, reply to all messages and also check the Spam folder in case an unanswered message goes through.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

On 6/30/2023 at 11:15 PM, lacroix88 said:

5 hours ago, anamul556 said:

I have a 94 percent response rate, and I don't know how it happened since I always respond within an hour at most. I just don't respond to those where no response is required and in any case, they are not "first-time messages".

@anamul556, you have been reported for copying and pasting other users' posts AGAIN! Doing so is against Fiverr Forum rule #1.

1. Create unique posts. When starting a new discussion, ensure it differs from an existing thread. If you are asking a question or seeking information, use the search bar in the upper right-hand corner of each forum page to see if your post is unique. Ads, self-promotion, and posts with requests for sales or buyers are not allowed. Do not plagiarize or copy the forum posts of other members.

• Like 10
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

@anamul556, you have been reported for copying and pasting other users' posts AGAIN! Doing so is against Fiverr Forum rule #1.

But he is a Digital Marketing 'expert' Vickie, who might I add is also fluent in English 😀

He must have read somewhere in his ' digital marketing for dummies book' that this is what you have to do to be successful 

#Phase 2 is commenting to other new freelancers on how to improve their gigs! 

Watch this space!! 

Edited by breals
  • Like 7
  • Haha 6

Customer support responded to me,it seems that I opened a brief in the past few days and did not respond to sellers interested in my buyer side brief.

Fiverr calculated them as first messages from potential customers,I hope they can be removed as a parameter.

21 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Yes, you have to reply and show the order was received. I always do that anyway so for me it wasn't an issue. Until I didn't do this a few times and it dropped to 99% out of nowhere. So yeah, this is what you have to do, reply to all messages and also check the Spam folder in case an unanswered message goes through.

4 hours ago, wpmanditech said:

But it helps that what you are asking from client if you can set up the message briefly.

23 hours ago, saadatique said:

• Like 9
  • Up 3

15 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I see. It's clear that regardless of what messages you receive, you must reply to them (Unless Fiverr removes the capability due to Spam). Good to know!

I consider this as bug since they come from the brief feature.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, lacroix88 said:

Fiverr calculated them as first messages from potential customers,I hope they can be removed as a parameter.

Hi @lacroix88,

This is good to know!

Was CS able to adjust your response rate due to these seller messages? 

Earlier this year I was out of office, but received messages from some of my sellers following up if I wanted to buy their services. Although my buyers knew for 4 months that I would be out of office (and didn't contact me), I didn't think to warn my sellers since I didn't place any recent orders (and two did contact me). This brought my response rate down, but CS was able to adjust it for me.

However, I guess if you initiate a brief, Fiverr does expect you to reply to any seller who reaches out to you.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

Hi @lacroix88,

This is good to know!

Was CS able to adjust your response rate due to these seller messages? 

Earlier this year I was out of office, but received messages from some of my sellers following up if I wanted to buy their services. Although my buyers knew for 4 months that I would be out of office (and didn't contact me), I didn't think to warn my sellers since I didn't place any recent orders (and two did contact me). This brought my response rate down, but CS was able to adjust it for me.

However, I guess if you initiate a brief, Fiverr does expect you to reply to any seller who reaches out to you.

yes CS fixed but they said only for this time,i need to reply to all the messages in future. 

• Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1