Buyer Took revenge , gave me 5 star at first after few days he changed it 1 star , the review was unfair

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Rating always means with stars.

If they were good to work with they get a 5 and that pasted thank you, because I am thanking them for heir business. If they were an ass, I don't review them.  That was like twice out of a bunch, and years ago.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

If they were good to work with they get a 5 and that pasted thank you, because I am thanking them for heir business. If hey were an ass, I don't review them.  

Exactly my point. Due to the way the system works, sellers are incentivised to either give buyers 5 stars, or nothing. What that means, is all buyers will have 5 star ratings. So, their ratings are meaningless. It's a badly implemented system. This is what I've been saying since the beginning. You should give a buyer a lower than 5 star rating if they were a bad buyer. That's the point of buyer reviews - to let other sellers know.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 6

Just now, visualstudios said:

Exactly my point. Due to the way the system works, sellers are incentivised to either give buyers 5 stars, or nothing. What that means, is all buyers will have 5 star ratings. So, their ratings are meaningless. It's a badly implemented system. This is what I've been saying since the beginning. 

Not our hero on this thread.  You are projecting a behavior onto everyone that you cannot.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

Not our hero on this thread. 

I've said several times that I'm talking about something much bigger than this guy, he's not the point. Can we at least agree that sellers being incentivised to not rate buyers anything less than 5 stars, even when warranted, is not ideal?

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 6

I've said several times that I'm talking about something much bigger than this guy, he's not the point. Can we at least agree that sellers being incentivised to not rate buyers anything less than 5 stars is not ideal?

I don't see how I am incentivized to not rate. You have assumed that I am afraid to do so.  I just don't care to do any more than say Thanks! 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

I would highly suggest you tone done the insults. I didn't insult anyone. I'm talking about the way systems are designed, and what kind of behaviours they incentivise.

Besides, what you said is factually incorrect. This doesn't affect me personally that much, as I've said plenty of times. This has very little to do with the new update either. I have no cancelations, so that also doesn't affect me. I'm talking about the fairness of the buyer review system. You are out of line.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

You can understand that if you know if you leave a lower rating the buyer can lower theirs in response this is a disincentive, right?

But you know mw well enough to know that I don't give a flying fig about such things. I just don't see a business reason to engage in anything other than thanks. Feel free to insult your buyers. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

I'm not talking about you, personally. If you think about the generality of users, you can understand what I mean, I'm sure.

Bottom like is that none of this matters. It only effects sellers who do not please their buyers, and Fiverr cares not what we think. I've just had my usual fun poking the mob.  Meanwhile 3,000 new SEO Exparts from PBIN have arrived while we arrange deck chairs on the Titanic. There are much bigger problems facing us. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, newsmike said:

It only affects sellers who do not please their buyers,

I'm actually talking about the opposite, as in buyers who misbehave not getting the proper reviews. That's the problem with a system that incentivises giving buyers 5 star reviews or nothing. So it's kind of the other way around.

Personally, it's not something I really face, as I vet my buyers, etc. But for the platform as a whole, I think it would be positive to have a robust review system for buyers, as well as for sellers.

And yes, of course there are bigger problems out there. But if we're talking about problems we can do something about, they aren't the influx of bad sellers either...

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, mrinmoykar999 said:

This is not fair . I am feeling really sad . Fiverr is the only way where I earn money . I wish someone could help in this matter

One most important rule on 5err - "The customer is always right". Another helpful comment is - "kill them with kindness, even when they get nasty".

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, kendal1747 said:

One most important rule on 5err - "The customer is always right"

I have seen CS side with sellers when they were right. They have done so with me. This is simply not true. Just a myth that keeps getting repeated while people throw themselves a pity party

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I have seen CS side with sellers when they were right. They have done so with me. This is simply not true. Just a myth that keeps getting repeated while people throw themselves a pity party

I am not pitying myself. I have done this all the time. I had a rough time getting on here and I have had other TRSs say that they abided by this. Unless of course It is something really crazy that they want done. I am not saying to roll over and let them shoot you. Rather than argue, it is better to let them have their say and just admit that you are not the one that was right for the job. Sometimes Mel Gibson would not be good enough.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I have seen CS side with sellers when they were right. They have done so with me.

This can happen, but it depends on what it is about. I've had refunds done by CS for canceled orders, for example. However, I've never had CS close an order - if a buyer refuses to accept it forever, that's it, you're never getting paid for it. Even if you delivered exactly what you promised. So, in certain situations, the client is always right indeed.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 6

As a business professional, I make it a point never to trash-talk my clients in public, regardless of their imbecility. Publicly airing out grievances can harm your business and deter others from working with you. It might even cause undesirable repercussions, like... Let's see... A buyer taking revenge for your lacking ability to maintain that professionalism.

And let's be brutally honest, the OP practically invited the fallout. By choosing not to air dirty laundry and shut up about client woes, you could have avoided this debacle.

This isn't about the right to modify a review. It’s about whether you want to champion unprofessionalism.

Even if your client is the biggest ass you've ever met, man up, display a modicum of professionalism, zip it, and move on to the next client.

You pocketed the money and got a nice review. Running one's mouth in public is not going to do you any favors.

Yes, it might warn off other sellers, but your job is not to be other sellers guardian angel, especially not when it can come back to bite you in the butt. 

We can go on discussing if a buyer should be able to edit their review or not all day long, but at the end of the day, a buyer should have every right to let their review reflect the experience they had - good or bad, just as you're free to leave them a one-star in return. Just know that doing so can open up the door to heaps of problems. Which is why I simply avoid it. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

4 minutes ago, smashradio said:

We can go on discussing if a buyer should be able to edit their review or not all day long, but at the end of the day, a buyer should have every right to let their review reflect the experience they had - good or bad, just as you're free to leave them a one-star in return. Just know that doing so can open up the door to heaps of problems. Which is why I simply avoid it. 

I agree with what you said. But given that that is the case, do buyer reviews make any sense? Will they ever accurately reflect the sellers experience with buyers, if they can't be honest about it? If they can't, why even have buyer reviews? They will just be misleading by design.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

We can go on discussing if a buyer should be able to edit their review or not all day long, but at the end of the day, a buyer should have every right to let their review reflect the experience they had - good or bad, just as you're free to leave them a one-star in return.

Additionally, what about buyers modifying the review for factors besides the review you leave them yourself? What if a buyer leaves you a 5 star review, and comes back a week later, asks for a revision that is outside the scope, for free, and changes your review to 1 star when your refuse. Should that be allowed?

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, kendal1747 said:

it is better to let them have their say and just admit that you are not the one that was right for the job

6 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

the client is always right indeed.

I cannot imagine going through life with such a defeatist attitude.  But I respect your choice. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, newsmike said:

I cannot imagine going through life with such a defeatist attitude.  But I respect your choice. 

Don't take what I said out of context, please. I said "In certain situations..." That's not an attitude, it's a fact. If a client can choose to never close an order, and CS will never force an order to close, the client is always right if they choose to not close it. That's not a defeatist attitude, or a choice, that's just how things work.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I agree with what you said. But given that that is the case, do buyer reviews make any sense? Will they ever accurately reflect the sellers experience with buyers, if they can't be honest about it? If they can't why have buyer reviews?

In my opinion - yes, because it gives us the option to leave a negative review. There could come a time when my experience was so bad that I felt the benefits would outweigh the risks. I don't think that will ever happen, but I like having the option. I know several sellers who frequently take advantage of that option, and that's entirely within their prerogative. We each operate our businesses as we feel is best. 

The seller made a choice, which consequently came back to haunt him. Hopefully, this will serve as a cautionary tale about the risks involved with venting in public. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

But you do understand that if leaving a bad review can affect you negatively, sellers will not give bad reviews in a lot of cases where they would like to. So it's not an honest review, by design. Personally, I feel like the review system should be honest for both sides, otherwise I don't see the point in having it.

Also, if a seller giving a buyer a bad review is "venting", is a buyer giving a seller a bad review also "venting"? 

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 7