Give Sellers the ability to Accept/Refuse orders WITHOUT CONSEQUENCES

FIVERR PLEASE: give sellers the ability to accept or refuse orders with no ill effects on our ratings. IT IS SO UNFAIR THAT AS A SELLER, I HAVE TO VIVIDLY & REPEATEDLY EXPRESS ON MY GIGS THAT I DON'T SERVICE CERTAIN TYPE OF CONTENT DUE TO HORRIBLE RECORDINGS AND OR BUYERS WITH UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. I WAS RECENTLY FORCED INTO AN ORDER that I usually don't service, BECAUSE THE BUYER DID NOT READ GIG DESCRIPTION & THEY STILL PLACED THIS ORDER. UPON HEARING IT, I ALREADY KNEW THAT IT WAS AN IMPOSSIBLE EDIT BUT I STILL TRIED MY BEST BECAUSE MY NAME/RATINGS WERE NOW ON THE LINE. SO I COMPLETED THE EDIT, DELIVERED IT, THEY TURNED RIGHT AROUND AND ASKED FOR A REFUND & FIVERR GRANTED IT... NOT ONLY DID I LOSE MONEY, I LOST TIME, PUT WEAR AND TEAR ON MY EQUIPMENT & I STILL ENDED UP LOSING POINTS ON MY COMPLETION RATE.

IF I WERE ABLE TO ACCEPT OR REFUSE BAD ORDERS: I wouldn't have to worry about issues like this from happening AGAIN. NO MORE LOST TIME, NO MORE LOST MONEY & NO MORE TAKING ORDERS THAT I DON'T SERVICE. I'm pretty sure that the buyer turned around and sent my work to another editor (like that will help) BUT SERIOUSLY: Fiverr we need you all to stand by your sellers, protect your sellers from scammers and buyers with unrealistic expectations. YOU ALREADY TAKE A CUT OF OUR EARNINGS AND OUR TIPS: AT LEAST GIVE US THE ABILITY TO ACCEPT OR DECLINE ORDERS BEFORE THEY ARE OFFICIALLY PLACED.

ALSO, WHEN A SELLER DELIVER A FILE TO A BUYER, PLEASE EMBED THE ORDER NUMBER IN THE METADATA OF THE SAID FILE. SO IF THE BUYER ASK FOR A REFUND AND THEY ARE GRANTED A REFUND AFTER THEY HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED THEIR DELIVERY; THEY SHOULD BE CHARGED A USAGE FEE IF THEY TURN AROUND AND SEND THE FILE THEY RECEIVED A REFUND FOR TO ANOTHER SELLER FOR SERVICE. IJS: IF THEY DIDN'T LIKE THE FILE, DON'T USE IT. BUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT BUT CHOOSE TO KEEP IT AND SEND IT TO ANOTHER SELLER, I BELIEVE THAT THE USAGE FEE SHOULD BE PAID TO THE ORIGINAL SELLER FOR USAGE OF THE REFUNDED WORK...

*IT SHOULDN'T BE TOO HARD TO IMPLEMENT. IT'S LIKE HAVING THE FIVERR WATERMARK ON PHOTOS AND VIDEOS. INSTEAD, EMBED THE ORDER NUMBER INTO THE FILE SO WHEN IT IS UPLOADED IN A DIFFERENT ORDER, THE PLATFORM WILL SEND AN ALERT REMINDING THE BUYER THAT THEY ARE ATTEMPTING TO USE A WORK THAT THEY RECEIVED A REFUND FOR. OPTION 1: PAY USAGE FEE TO THE ORIGINAL SELLER or OPTION 2: DON'T USE THE REFUNDED WORK. REFUNDS ARE FOR THINGS THAT PEOPLE DON'T WANT NOR PLAN TO USE. PLEASE HELP PROTECT YOUR SELLERS FIVERR

• Like 1

I’m a buyer and even I agree with this lol. 🫡

*I think sellers should have the option to decline a job request on ‘blank’ gig requests. The clients who have not provided details on ‘order page’ in order for the seller to complete the job appropriately. Meaning, if nothing is attached, insufficient information, or unusable files, the seller should be able to decline within a 24-hr grace period. Interesting concept to pass along. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Fiverr has set up the "Request to Order" function. You can even set the hours it is turned on. It will show up as the order button being greyed out.

I think, this feature is only available for seller plus member.

• Like 1
  • Up 2

On 6/12/2023 at 3:39 PM, rickodean said:

FIVERR PLEASE: give sellers the ability to accept or refuse orders with no ill effects on our ratings. IT IS SO UNFAIR THAT AS A SELLER, I HAVE TO VIVIDLY & REPEATEDLY EXPRESS ON MY GIGS THAT I DON'T SERVICE CERTAIN TYPE OF CONTENT DUE TO HORRIBLE RECORDINGS AND OR BUYERS WITH UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. I WAS RECENTLY FORCED INTO AN ORDER that I usually don't service, BECAUSE THE BUYER DID NOT READ GIG DESCRIPTION & THEY STILL PLACED THIS ORDER. UPON HEARING IT, I ALREADY KNEW THAT IT WAS AN IMPOSSIBLE EDIT BUT I STILL TRIED MY BEST BECAUSE MY NAME/RATINGS WERE NOW ON THE LINE. SO I COMPLETED THE EDIT, DELIVERED IT, THEY TURNED RIGHT AROUND AND ASKED FOR A REFUND & FIVERR GRANTED IT... NOT ONLY DID I LOSE MONEY, I LOST TIME, PUT WEAR AND TEAR ON MY EQUIPMENT & I STILL ENDED UP LOSING POINTS ON MY COMPLETION RATE.

IF I WERE ABLE TO ACCEPT OR REFUSE BAD ORDERS: I wouldn't have to worry about issues like this from happening AGAIN. NO MORE LOST TIME, NO MORE LOST MONEY & NO MORE TAKING ORDERS THAT I DON'T SERVICE. I'm pretty sure that the buyer turned around and sent my work to another editor (like that will help) BUT SERIOUSLY: Fiverr we need you all to stand by your sellers, protect your sellers from scammers and buyers with unrealistic expectations. YOU ALREADY TAKE A CUT OF OUR EARNINGS AND OUR TIPS: AT LEAST GIVE US THE ABILITY TO ACCEPT OR DECLINE ORDERS BEFORE THEY ARE OFFICIALLY PLACED.

ALSO, WHEN A SELLER DELIVER A FILE TO A BUYER, PLEASE EMBED THE ORDER NUMBER IN THE METADATA OF THE SAID FILE. SO IF THE BUYER ASK FOR A REFUND AND THEY ARE GRANTED A REFUND AFTER THEY HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED THEIR DELIVERY; THEY SHOULD BE CHARGED A USAGE FEE IF THEY TURN AROUND AND SEND THE FILE THEY RECEIVED A REFUND FOR TO ANOTHER SELLER FOR SERVICE. IJS: IF THEY DIDN'T LIKE THE FILE, DON'T USE IT. BUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT BUT CHOOSE TO KEEP IT AND SEND IT TO ANOTHER SELLER, I BELIEVE THAT THE USAGE FEE SHOULD BE PAID TO THE ORIGINAL SELLER FOR USAGE OF THE REFUNDED WORK...

*IT SHOULDN'T BE TOO HARD TO IMPLEMENT. IT'S LIKE HAVING THE FIVERR WATERMARK ON PHOTOS AND VIDEOS. INSTEAD, EMBED THE ORDER NUMBER INTO THE FILE SO WHEN IT IS UPLOADED IN A DIFFERENT ORDER, THE PLATFORM WILL SEND AN ALERT REMINDING THE BUYER THAT THEY ARE ATTEMPTING TO USE A WORK THAT THEY RECEIVED A REFUND FOR. OPTION 1: PAY USAGE FEE TO THE ORIGINAL SELLER or OPTION 2: DON'T USE THE REFUNDED WORK. REFUNDS ARE FOR THINGS THAT PEOPLE DON'T WANT NOR PLAN TO USE. PLEASE HELP PROTECT YOUR SELLERS FIVERR

Fiverr offers the very tool you are asking about. Join Seller Plus and use "request to order"  Learn what tools are already at your disposal. 

Wasn't that easier than writing an ALL CAPS manifesto? 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, theratypist said:

Fiverr has set up the "Request to Order" function. You can even set the hours it is turned on. It will show up as the order button being greyed out.

If the buyer wants to purchase from you they would have to message you first.

This is what I do.

I have 20 gigs and no one can order from me without sending me a message first. I am in control now.

• Like 4