Unlimited Revisions Problem in custom offer.

imran7857

Question

Hello 

How can I rid of unlimited revisions? A client takes 7 to 8 times revisions from me and still, he is not satisfied with the project. Every day he takes revision, saying I am finding mistakes but did not tell me exactly what the mistakes are. Please suggest if can I modify the custom offer or what should I do.

• Like 20
  • Sad 2

11 answers to this question

I am experiencing the same issue with a Buyer. I am a level 2 seller with over fifty 5-star reviews and this buyer is abusing the system to get free work. I allow for two revisions and he has rejected up to 6 already.  The buyer is only rejecting the deliverables so they do not have to accept the order and will get a refund.  Upon further research of the company that he represents, we found multiple negative reviews on Google and other platforms from freelancers that he has never paid them after the work is completed. If Buyers know that Fiverr will not payout unless the deliverable is accepted, than some of them will abuse the system and freelancers will lose out on the pay for their hours invested in the project. This is especially hard on those that provide services that are not tangible items (example Google ads management, conversion tracking, Analytic reports, web audits, web design, etc). What safety measures are in place so that Sellers are not ripped off from shady and deceptive buyers? it seems that there is none. Very disappointed in the experience this has caused. 

• Like 19
  • Up 1

On 6/6/2023 at 7:10 PM, imran7857 said:

Hello 

How can I rid of unlimited revisions? A client takes 7 to 8 times revisions from me and still, he is not satisfied with the project. Every day he takes revision, saying I am finding mistakes but did not tell me exactly what the mistakes are. Please suggest if can I modify the custom offer or what should I do.

You should custom unlimited revision. You should think of Not including add unlimited revision offers.

• Like 14

12 hours ago, williecampos78 said:

I am experiencing the same issue with a Buyer. I am a level 2 seller with over fifty 5-star reviews and this buyer is abusing the system to get free work. I allow for two revisions and he has rejected up to 6 already.  The buyer is only rejecting the deliverables so they do not have to accept the order and will get a refund.  Upon further research of the company that he represents, we found multiple negative reviews on Google and other platforms from freelancers that he has never paid them after the work is completed. If Buyers know that Fiverr will not payout unless the deliverable is accepted, than some of them will abuse the system and freelancers will lose out on the pay for their hours invested in the project. This is especially hard on those that provide services that are not tangible items (example Google ads management, conversion tracking, Analytic reports, web audits, web design, etc). What safety measures are in place so that Sellers are not ripped off from shady and deceptive buyers? it seems that there is none. Very disappointed in the experience this has caused. 

Including all of these, it also effects our gigs as well. 

• Like 13

Fiverr customer support has to do a better job in protecting Sellers from buyers that are dishonest and abuse the system. Customer support does nothing even after providing proof that they request revisions just to cancel after the services have been completed and that they use multiple profiles (usernames) and have done the same to other freelancers. Very disappointed in the support given even to a seller that has over 130 orders with not one single issue. 

• Like 11

Those Who are suggesting to select limited revisions in the order, Could you please let me know if I select 2 revisions and once buyer requested it twice , Can't they request revision again or not? 
If NOT, then what is the purpose of limited revisions? 

• Like 10

On 6/6/2023 at 3:10 PM, imran7857 said:

Hello 

Sometimes there are such clients! There are always clients who use endless revisions! The advantage of endless revisions is less chance of bad customer feedback or order cancellation! But the minus of endless revisions is actually your situation! I recommend to finish the project with this client and patiently do everything he wants and then change your gig and do 5-7 revisions! This is enough to satisfy the client in my opinion

• Like 10