Buyer threatening to leave a 1 star review

mafive_concept

Question

I did a work for a buyer and the buyer keep asking me to redo the work with entirely different reference images, I have done like 2 different scribble art for the client and the client sent another image. I refused to do it and the client is threatening to give me 1 star rating. I feel the cycle will not not if I give in to the buyer, please what do I do 

• Like 12
  • Sad 7

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, mafive_concept said:

I feel the cycle will not not if I give in to the buyer, please what do I do 

You have 2 options. Cancel the order, this will go away and the cancellation will just be a penalty that goes away in 2 months. 

Or you do what the buyer asks. Customer support will tell you to handle things with the buyer yourself, so don't expect that to be a way out. So it's either do what he says, or cancel. 

• Like 21

5 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

You have 2 options. Cancel the order, this will go away and the cancellation will just be a penalty that goes away in 2 months. 

Or you do what the buyer asks. Customer support will tell you to handle things with the buyer yourself, so don't expect that to be a way out. So it's either do what he says, or cancel. 

I thought such "threats" of leaving a bad review is itself against the TOS and CS should cancel the order if approached with screenshots of the conversation? Am I wrong

• Like 11
  • Up 2

9 hours ago, mafive_concept said:

I did a work for a buyer and the buyer keep asking me to redo the work with entirely different reference images, I have done like 2 different scribble art for the client and the client sent another image. I refused to do it and the client is threatening to give me 1 star rating. I feel the cycle will not not if I give in to the buyer, please what do I do 

This right here is a proof how fiverr works.

You are literally a slave to your buyers, they can do whatever they want, threaten you, change agreed orders, ask for much more revisions then agreed, ask for deliver before agreed delivery time and if you do all this they will still give you bad review, if not public, then you will definitely get bad private feedback which is even worse.

That how fiverr works, you have no rights here, but all you can do is listen to your buyer and work for low prices.

Have a nice day and I wish you luck.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Do what you want. 🙂

No one knows what your initial agreement was. If the revisions fall within the initial agreement, even CS will tell you to do so. 

but what if it does not fall within their agreement ?

• Like 9

1 hour ago, tomerrose said:

but what if it does not fall within their agreement ?

If the buyer added stuff AFTER the agreement was made, that's unfair especially if he starts issuing threats. But we don't know what the OP agreed to when taking the order, so we can only speculate.

• Like 7