What happens to my account

mitanimation

Hello. I was always in the first place when searched for "Minecraft Animation". My gig in top selling gig. But 2 days ago I realized that I was not on the first page. After that, my early payment option was removed. What happens to my account?

What is the explanation for this? I didn't get any warning, I didn't do any illegal action. Why did you remove me from the search results while breaking sales records while still getting 5 stars from my customers as usual?

gig.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

There's no need to write the same thing 4 times. There's also no first page ranking. What you see is not what everyone sees, search results are customized for every person searching. 

You do have less impressions, but the same thing is happening to thousands of other sellers, just check the pinned sections and many other similar topics. 

Most likely you had one or more clients that gave you a bad private review. Just because public reviews are positive, that doesn't mean they will share a positive private review too. That, combined with other things like cancellations and so on can end up putting you back in search.

33 minutes ago, mitanimation said:

After that, my early payment option was removed.

Well this is a sign that you're not eligible for the option anymore. As far as I know, that's for seller plus members only though, so unless you pay for that service, it might not be available for those that had it in beta. It might be related to having less performance too, who knows..

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

There's no need to write the same thing 4 times. There's also no first page ranking. What you see is not what everyone sees, search results are customized for every person searching. 

You do have less impressions, but the same thing is happening to thousands of other sellers, just check the pinned sections and many other similar topics. 

Most likely you had one or more clients that gave you a bad private review. Just because public reviews are positive, that doesn't mean they will share a positive private review too. That, combined with other things like cancellations and so on can end up putting you back in search.

Well this is a sign that you're not eligible for the option anymore. As far as I know, that's for seller plus members only though, so unless you pay for that service, it might not be available for those that had it in beta. It might be related to having less performance too, who knows..

I have only 1 negative comment (for 2 years). Don't you think it's a good enough reason for me to be angry that they put me on the last page for 2 years, for no reason at the top of the line?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mitanimation said:

I have only 1 negative comment (for 2 years). Don't you think it's a good enough reason for me to be angry that they put me on the last page for 2 years, for no reason at the top of the line?

You can be angry, sure. But no one put you anywhere. The fiverr algorithm works in mysterious ways and taking it personally will not help you in any way. That being said, a private review is an extra review that fiverr asks buyers but doesn't show the seller. So you really can't know if you only have 1 negative comment or more. You can see 1 negative public review, but not the possible private negative reviews. With all this in mind, I suggest starting marketing your gig using other methods that don't rely solely on the Fiverr algorithm. That includes social media, youtube, and tik-tok and blogging. If you rely only on where Fiverr places you without you yourself doing your own marketing you will be a victim to the algorithm every time they make a change to it, and that is never good for business. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, mitanimation said:

Just like Mabelma said, you just see the public side of reviews. Either you had bad private reviews, the others are performing better than you, etc. Something is indeed happening in the background that you don't see.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mitanimation said:

Why did you remove me from the search results while breaking sales records while still getting 5 stars from my customers as usual?

In addition to what others have said, this is forum, not Customer Support. With a very few exceptions, we're just regular Fiverr members, buyers and sellers. In other words, we didn't remove you from search.

Just wanted to clarify that in case you thought you were talking to Fiverr staff.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, uiuxtanim said:

Most of the time this is the main reason behind the fall of Gig ranking.

Exactly. I am dealing with the same thing, I am certain I got a few bad private reviews, and if those people are also first time clients for you, then it becomes more problematic. It is what it is..

• Like 2