Brief System Is Terrible for Buyers

marcrizzo

1 hour ago, marcrizzo said:

Brief System Is Terrible for Buyers. I posted a job and received 2 very unsuitable offers instead of the 20 or so I can look through.  It is so bad I started posting my work on Upwork.

Not just for buyers,but also for sellers.. not a good upgrade from buyers request to breif system..

• Like 9

I shifted to other platforms as well after they introduced briefs.. I haven't had a single brief yet, and there's nothing to do here except just wait for the brief to reach you. 

I find other platform convenient now , where you can reach out to suitable buyers with your pitch.

On 3/8/2023 at 9:36 AM, marcrizzo said:

Brief System Is Terrible for Buyers. I posted a job and received 2 very unsuitable offers instead of the 20 or so I can look through.  It is so bad I started posting my work on Upwork.

• Like 8

On 3/8/2023 at 10:06 AM, marcrizzo said:

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Brief System. It's definitely frustrating when you don't get the results you were expecting. Have you had any luck with Upwork?

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, johnhansen1957 said:

many are just from new sellers trying to promote their own services.

Do you reject and mark these briefs as "Buyer not credible/suspected spam"? If you don't the system will keep sending you briefs like that (and those sellers will keep abusing the brief feature).

2 hours ago, johnhansen1957 said:

I find most briefs I receive totally unrelated to the services I offer.

Since I am a writer, the best way to train the AI was to pick one of the services that I wanted to get briefs on (and reject all others as "I don't offer this service" even if I do). 

• Like 4

On 3/8/2023 at 4:06 AM, marcrizzo said:

The brief system is just as bad for sellers. I keep getting briefs for Arabic and French translations when I offer Norwegian ones. You won't find the mention of me speaking or working in Arabic or French anywhere, yet Fiverr seems to insist that I am. 

Instead of Upwork, you could search for and filter for sellers using Fiverr's excellent search feature. It's there for the taking, and it is, in my opinion, far superior to both Briefs on Fiverr or job postings on Upwork. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1