Can I Reapply as a Seller?

adamsb99

Question

Hi all! I am new to Fiverr and want to first thank you for taking the time to read this. I recently applied to be a seller on the platform, but my profile was denied when I attempted to post my first gig. I thought that my gig (proofreading and editing of research papers) fell within the Fiverr community standards due to the number of other sellers I saw offering similar services, but evidently it did not. I have seen that vetting quality could be an issue for getting a seller profile approved, but I am an engineer with a fair degree of technical writing experience and believe that I am qualified and capable of proofing and editing technical writing.

In any case, I am here because Fiverr has been very vague regarding the rejection of my profile, and while I am aware that the cause could be any of a number of issues, I am a professional with valuable skills to offer in other more technical engineering fields. Is there a way for me to reapply to be a seller at some point? The email I received said that, "Unfortunately, this decision can’t be changed," but I don't think I understood well enough exactly what Fiverr is looking for in their sellers when I attempted to create my profile. I would like a chance to try again, but I am unsure if there is a way to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

• Like 9

8 answers to this question

i believe there's bot check

may be use grammerly to prevent grammatical errors (happens on upwork, not sure about fiverr)

add detailed bio, description and keywords

or try apply for different gig... once approved, do changes you had like 🙂

I don't think fiverr is checking new sellers manually (as millions of them are there)

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, grayprogrammerz said:

i believe there's bot check

may be use grammerly to prevent grammatical errors (happens on upwork, not sure about fiverr)

add detailed bio, description and keywords

or try apply for different gig... once approved, do changes you had like 🙂

I don't think fiverr is checking new sellers manually (as millions of them are there)

I did everything I could to ensure my bio, description, and gig were free of grammatical errors. The problem is I am no longer able to create new gigs as my seller profile has been rejected, so I was wondering if there was a way to reapply?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, adamsb99 said:

I would like a chance to try again, but I am unsure if there is a way to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Normally Fiverr says that you aren't approved "at this time but you can try again another time." So currently you will just have a buyer's account. I'm not sure how long the wait period would be for that.

My proofreading profile was rejected on Upwork, so I've only done business on Fiverr. However, it is a pretty saturated market right now and Fiverr might not want to add any more sellers in that category.

You could try to set up gigs for some of your other skills in the meantime. Technical writing or Research & Summaries might be a good place to start.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Normally Fiverr says that you aren't approved "at this time but you can try again another time." So currently you will just have a buyer's account. I'm not sure how long the wait period would be for that.

I never received any such comments in my email correspondence with Fiverr customer service unfortunately, they simple stated that, "Your seller profile wasn’t approved, but you are welcome to continue using Fiverr as a buyer."

My proofreading profile was rejected on Upwork, so I've only done business on Fiverr. However, it is a pretty saturated market right now and Fiverr might not want to add any more sellers in that category.

This is understandable.

You could try to set up gigs for some of your other skills in the meantime. Technical writing or Research & Summaries might be a good place to start.

How can I set up gigs if my seller profile was not approved? Everytime I click on the Gigs tab it kicks me back to the buyer home page and tells me that the Gigs page is for approved sellers only. Is there some kind of waiting period or do I need to start over with a fresh account?

Also thank you very much for the informative response.

Edited by adamsb99
  • Like 6

Just now, adamsb99 said:

do I need to start over with a fresh account?

You are only allowed one account, so if you try to start a new one, you risk being banned from Fiverr forever. So don't do that.

The best thing to do is wait and try to reapply later. You could also ask Customer Support about the waiting period by emailing them at:

support@fiverr.com

• Like 8

Just now, vickieito said:

You are only allowed one account, so if you try to start a new one, you risk being banned from Fiverr forever. So don't do that.

Yikes! I definitely don't want that.

Just now, vickieito said:

The best thing to do is wait and try to reapply later. You could also ask Customer Support about the waiting period by emailing them at:

support@fiverr.com

I suppose this is what I will do then. Thanks again for the informative responses. 🙂

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2023 at 4:03 PM, adamsb99 said:

Yikes! I definitely don't want that.

I suppose this is what I will do then. Thanks again for the informative responses. 🙂

Did you have any luck?

My wife recently had a similar situation.  She is a life coach, and a trained medical hypnotherapist.   She posted a Gig as a life coach, and they rejected it without saying why and that the decision was final.  We wrote back asking what in our gig was not compliant with their rules as we would be happy to change or modify it, and they went dark and will not even tell us why or respond.  I am thinking it might be because she is a trained medical hypnotherapist, but that was not even what she was selling. She was selling being a Life Coach which is an actual category.  It’s so annoying to be denied with no option to discuss further or understand what the problem is.

• Like 2