Audio required to create songwriting gig

the_write_times

I am new to fiverr and I am a songwriter. I would like to know why it is a requirement to upload audio to create a songwriting gig? I am not a singer and have no singing ability, but I am an excellent songwriter. Writing lyrics is where my talent lies.

Why would it be a requirement to upload audio if I am only offering songWRITING and I am not offering any singing gigs. I am unable to post my songwriting gig as it keeps stating that I must upload audio. What can I do to be able to create my songwriting gig without uploading audio files?

• Like 4

Probably because of the difference between lyrics-writing and poetry. Poetry doesn't necessarily have to have tempo, nor set length. Lyrics, however must be written with pace, rhythm, bars, breath control, rests, etc. in mind, otherwise it might not sound good with accompaniment.

There are many poems out there that just sound off when people try to fit them to music. Translated songs can have the same problem.

You could probably hire a singer here on Fiverr, then just put "Song written by the_write_times, performed by username here". Though you'll need to be sure to add a FAQ to your gig that you don't sing yourself.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

16 hours ago, the_write_times said:

What can I do to be able to create my songwriting gig without uploading audio files?

Create your gig under Writing & Translation/Creative Writing/Song Lyrics instead of Music & Audio/Songwriters.

Edited by trombonhero
  • Like 5