3D Printer: Today's project

newsmike

3 minutes ago, newsmike said:

For today the plan is:

1. Buy 3D printer.

2. Print 3D printer.

3. Return 3D printer.

Genius 'Blue Sky Thinking' 🙂  Your country needs you and your innovation @newsmike🙂 

However, I was just thinking, we should all petition to bring back the Dot Matrix printers. 

Life was so much less complicated back then.  A time without mobile phones and when impressions were something you did in a comedy club! 

Oh the 'good ol days'! 

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 2

Though most of the cheap 3d printers will print plastic (not metal) but the printer will probably have metal parts and the nozzle and electronics couldn't be printed. Plus most of them can probably only print something smaller than the printer (though maybe you could join the printed parts together).

One day maybe it could be done.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Though most of the cheap 3d printers will print plastic (not metal) but the printer will probably have metal parts and the nozzle and electronics couldn't be printed. Plus most of them can probably only print something smaller than the printer (though maybe you could join the printed parts together).

One day maybe it could be done.

My dear Forum friends, I am saddened to realize that is necessary to state the following:

Joking Just Kidding GIF

• Like 6
  • Haha 11
  • Congrats! 1

Well it could happen one day 🙂

Maybe they should combine a 3d printer and a 3d scanner so you have a simple replicator (assuming they haven't already). The 3d printers look higher quality than the 3d scanners for the same price.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...