I got disabled for contacting customer support?

engineeringusa

Hi.

I contacted customer support on my other account because a seller attempted to :

-Contact outside of Fiverr

-Attempted to ask for payment outside of Fiverr

I did NOT do any of these, instead I mentioned to the customer support team that the SELLER attempted to do this on me, which is the reason why I started the support query, hoping to get a refund, as the delivered work was also plagiarised. Instead, the customer support team disabled my account?

Now I have to contact customer support through this account...Any advice?

Thanks

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

i have just received an email telling me that they wont refund me after finding out the work i received was:

- Plagiarized completely

- Used Publicly available models

- Used images and text that are from published journals

I only noticed this after accepting the order, seeing as it was a model, which can't exactly be put in a plagiarism checker.

How can i proceed with a refund 😞. Thanks.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, engineeringusa said:

This is my brothers account, I had to use this as I am not able to access customer support as I was disabled.

You can only use the account you own. Also, if you live under the same roof I don't think thats a good idea as you'll get banned for this as well.

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 8

Just now, theratypist said:

You can only use the account you own. Also, if you live under the same roof I don't think you'll get banned for this as well.

I was unsure of how I would contact support, as I was disabled randomly, which came as a shock. We do live under the same roof, and we only use Fiverr to buy services, not to sell. 

• Like 7

Just now, engineeringusa said:

I was unsure of how I would contact support, as I was disabled randomly, which came as a shock. We do live under the same roof, and we only use Fiverr to buy services, not to sell. 

I guess if you are two buyers it won't be a huge issue but anyway, you can directly email them at support@fiverr.com, you don't need an account to email them. 

• Like 8
  • Up 3

Thank you so much for the help.

Ive been told I cant receive a refund because I accepted it, and only then noticed it was plagiarized. It was also within 14 days, but they dont seem to accept it.

Will going to my bank sort things out? As this was a large payment made for such an unprofessional and plagiarized delivery.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, engineeringusa said:

Thank you so much for the help.

Ive been told I cant receive a refund because I accepted it, and only then noticed it was plagiarized. It was also within 14 days, but they dont seem to accept it.

Unfortunately if you "accepted" it, then it might be difficult to get a refund. I'm not sure why its your account that got banned and not the seller's account because Fiverr is quite strict with sellers violating the rule of offering to contact outside the platform. Best to try again with CS and explain everything with supporting screenshots or proof of plagiarism.

9 minutes ago, engineeringusa said:

Will going to my bank sort things out? As this was a large payment made for such an unprofessional and plagiarized delivery.

Well if you paid through your credit card, then you can check your bank's policies on how to handle the case. Do know that if you initiate a chargeback with your CC, Fiverr will ban you completely and you won't get your account again. But I understand if that is the choice you prefer to do especially if the amount is a fairly large one for plagiarized work...

• Like 8
  • Up 2

Update.

They only reply with the same exact information every time I email. They say : Wait 90 days.

How on earth am I going to get a refund at this point..Very unprofessional behaviour from Fiverr. I am a repeating buyer with many purchases, now when I get blocked they treat me like this. No words...

• Like 7

Yes, but my case is that I am a buyer, not a seller. I have an order of high value that was given to me with plagiarized content and public models given as original content. I have to wait 90 days for a refund? This is actually absurd.

I repeat, I am a buyer. My money was taken from a scamming seller and instead of help I got disabled for '90 days'. Why on earth would I have to wait for such a thing?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, engineeringusa said:

I have to wait 90 days for a refund?

Yes.

This is actually absurd.

No.

Why on earth would I have to wait for such a thing?

Because Fiverr -- who makes the rules on their own site -- said so.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

13 hours ago, engineeringusa said:

I repeat, I am a buyer.

Perhaps contacting Customer Support from a different account (your brother's) is what's causing them to treat you like a seller with a banned account (you could have contacted them via email instead, at support@fiverr.com).

Maybe you can remind them that you're a buyer, not a seller, and ask them if buyers need to wait for 90 days to get their refund (or not get it, as the case may be), too. And emphasize that you're a buyer requesting a refund after the seller violated Fiverr's Terms of Service by sending you plagiarized work. You can also ask them to escalate your case to their superior.

As discussed before, there is the option to go to your bank and see if they can help you, but if you get a refund that way, your account will automatically get permanently banned (because you'd be committing a Terms of Service violation), and the same could happen to your brother's account, too.

• Like 4
  • Up 1