You do not have permission to view this topic.

abauer5188

But I edited it to remove the link before it was removed. I think that post would be very useful for Fiverr sellers.

The posts was moderated based on the original post, not based on edits. Violations of ToS, forum rules, and communication guidelines will still be utilized based on the original post. Editing or deleting a post does not remove or negate the violation.

• Like 10

On 5/23/2020 at 3:22 PM, wp_kid said:

The posts was moderated based on the original post, not based on edits. Violations of ToS, forum rules, and communication guidelines will still be utilized based on the original post. Editing or deleting a post does not remove or negate the violation.

So that would mean I can post something similar without the referral link?

Could you also please let me know where in the ToS this is specified? I can’t remember reading about this and couldn’t seem to find it anywhere in the ToS.

@wp_kid Did you get this?

• Like 7

@wp_kid Did you get this?

So that would mean I can post something similar without the referral link?

Could you also please let me know where in the ToS this is specified? I can’t remember reading about this and couldn’t seem to find it anywhere in the ToS.

I’m not sure exactly what rule was broken but you could try this:

Fiverr is a place where professionals across hundreds of industries come to grow their business. To maintain a respectful, inclusive, and safe environment for everyone, we’ve updated a set of standards to serve as a moral compass for behavior in our community. We see the community standards as a “living document” and plan on updating them in an ongoing process. The community standards include five sections: Integrity and AuthenticityIntellectual PropertyObjectionable ContentViolence and Cr…

Also, the moderator is a volunteer and will see your question when he is able to, so no need to send repeat messages to him.

• Like 8

I’m not sure exactly what rule was broken

Posting a referral link to their Payoneer account.

I understand that this is what I was doing wrong, but could you please tell me where it says that this is a violation of the rules? I shouldn’t have to guess what the rules are, and I can’t seem to find anything about this in Fiverr ToS or the community guidelines.

Thank you.

• Like 7

I understand that this is what I was doing wrong, but could you please tell me where it says that this is a violation of the rules? I shouldn’t have to guess what the rules are, and I can’t seem to find anything about this in Fiverr ToS or the community guidelines.

Thank you.

COPY PASTE THIS: I think Payoneer is better than Paypal. You lose more money when changing currencies depending on your location. Check your bank data, Paypal and Payoneer rules and regulations to find what suits you the most.

There, your post,

all that you want to say is here in these three sentences.

• Like 8

Guest brokensoulss

COPY PASTE THIS: I think Payoneer is better than Paypal. You lose more money when changing currencies depending on your location. Check your bank data, Paypal and Payoneer rules and regulations to find what suits you the most.

There, your post,

you are verry active you are everywhere on this forum :rofl:

great advices and dedication into other people problems you are great 👍

Thank you.

could you please tell me where it says that this is a violation of the rules?

I guess it falls under this:

Ads, Self-Promotion, Posts with Requests for Sales/Buyers that are posted may be deleted without warning.

Or this:

You may post links that are relevant to the discussions as long as they are not links to your own website, blog or otherwise violate ToS or these rules.

Additionally, sharing personal contact information is a violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service, and your referral link might fall under that.

And there’s always this:

The forum team of volunteers and staff members reserve the right to remove/move/edit any or all posts at any time and ban the user if deemed necessary.

• Like 9

I’m going to say that sometimes things are removed where the actual rule is not specifically spelled out. We (including myself) sometimes find out what is not allowed after we post it. I have come to accept this as part of the way this forum is set up. So if you need to see in writing exactly what was wrong with something you posted you might never find it.

• Like 7

There, your post,

Sure, I could do that. However a lot of information is lost by writing it this way. My post was made to include all the numbers and information needed to make it easier for sellers to decide if they should make the switch.

An important point from that post is also that Fiverr actually gives the wrong information about fees involved and if I leave it up to the readers of the post to do the research there is a good chance that they will make the wrong choice because of this misinformation.

It would also be a waste to not get the $25 referral bonus when signing up. I didn’t know about this when first signing up and therefore I lost the $25 I would have gotten for free if I used a referral link. I’m not saying that people should use my link, but they should definitely us someones link.

Because of this I think my original post is more beneficial to readers than your suggestions.

• Like 7

Sure, I could do that. However a lot of information is lost by writing it this way. My post was made to include all the numbers and information needed to make it easier for sellers to decide if they should make the switch.

An important point from that post is also that Fiverr actually gives the wrong information about fees involved and if I leave it up to the readers of the post to do the research there is a good chance that they will make the wrong choice because of this misinformation.

It would also be a waste to not get the $25 referral bonus when signing up. I didn’t know about this when first signing up and therefore I lost the $25 I would have gotten for free if I used a referral link. I’m not saying that people should use my link, but they should definitely us someones link.

Because of this I think my original post is more beneficial to readers than your suggestions.

So your link was a referral link for people to sign up. Yes that’s definitely not allowed as it is a type of self promotion.

• Like 10

could you please tell me where it says that this is a violation of the rules?

I guess it falls under this:

Ads, Self-Promotion, Posts with Requests for Sales/Buyers that are posted may be deleted without warning.

Or this:

You may post links that are relevant to the discussions as long as they are not links to your own website, blog or otherwise violate ToS or these rules.

Additionally, sharing personal contact information is a violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service, and your referral link might fall under that.

And there’s always this:

The forum team of volunteers and staff members reserve the right to remove/move/edit any or all posts at any time and ban the user if deemed necessary.

Posting a referral link that is beneficial to the reader and definitely relevant to the post doesn’t break these rules in my opinion. It doesn’t contain identifying information about me either.

Depends on how you interpret the rules I guess, but if there aren’t any other rules than the ones you quoted I don’t really see what was wrong with the post.

• Like 7

Guest brokensoulss

From my point of view FEES are an mandatory thing to support in any business especially in online businesses so i dont see any point for this thread why people should do all this math and all this effort for what ? for +1% of that income ?

Fees its just something we must accept end of the story

Posting a referral link that is beneficial to the reader and definitely relevant to the post doesn’t break these rules in my opinion. It doesn’t contain identifying information about me either.

Depends on how you interpret the rules I guess, but if there aren’t any other rules than the ones you quoted I don’t really see what was wrong with the post.

definitely relevant to the post doesn’t break these rules in my opinion.

Sorry but it does break the rules. We can’t post our own links that promote something such as signing up for anything no matter how helpful you think they are.

This would become one big advertising forum if that was allowed with everyone posting all sorts of links to sign up for things. It is not the purpose of the forum.

• Like 8

From my point of view FEES are an mandatory thing to support in any business especially in online businesses so i dont see any point for this thread why people should do all this math and all this effort for what ? for +1% of that income ?

Fees its just something we must accept end of the story

If I had used Payoneer from the very start I would be about $400 richer. I would call that a pretty significant difference.

• Like 5

definitely relevant to the post doesn’t break these rules in my opinion.

Sorry but it does break the rules. We can’t post our own links that promote something such as signing up for anything no matter how helpful you think they are.

This would become one big advertising forum if that was allowed with everyone posting all sorts of links to sign up for things. It is not the purpose of the forum.

Ok, so I guess I should just suggest that users google a referral link before signing up to get the bonus then?

• Like 5

An important point from that post is also that Fiverr actually gives the wrong information about fees involved

Fees can depend on how you got a Payoneer account, whether through Fiverr, through another platform, through someone’s referral link… It’s not on Fiverr to post information about all the possible ways to get a Payoneer account (especially if some of them are related to their competitors).

Posting a referral link that is beneficial to the reader and definitely relevant to the post doesn’t break these rules in my opinion.

It’s not your decision, though. And mods can remove any post for any reason.

I’m not saying that people should use my link, but they should definitely us someones link.

Why being so obsessed about random strangers getting $25 (or not)?

• Like 6

Guest lloydsolutions

My post was made to include all the numbers and information needed to make it easier for sellers to decide if they should make the switch.

If you type “paypal or payoneer” in the search bar above there are numerous posts to help people decide what is best for them.

This was a sales pitch building up to a referral link which was of benefit to you.

Also, when I signed up a couple of years ago, I got $100 from Payoneer once I had withdrawn $100 of my own. It’s likely still possible to get promotions/rewards without using referral links.

Edit: was a couple of years ago, it may have been $50. I don’t recall exactly.

• Like 7