Too many tags in some fiverr gigs

hira_mustafa

Question

8 answers to this question

You could ask Fiverr customer support at the help desk. Maybe report it as a bug.

I've seen it in 2 other gigs. One from someone who joined in Jan 2016 and one from someone who joined in Sep 2022.

I don't think it's related to the join date. It might be that during brief time when those users edited a gig (or brief times when adding a gig) there wasn't code enabled at the server side that was run to properly check that the number of tags was <=5.

Maybe the sellers who created those gigs could say how it happened. It might be they used a browser that few other people use or something so Fiverr's code that checked the number entered didn't work correctly. Or maybe they were part of some trial where they allowed >5 search tags.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10

This is what Fiverr customer support said when I told them about this:

..My name is ... and I understand your concern regarding the Gig tags so let me explain this in detail.

I  looked into this and would like to let you know that every user can only add 5 tags in their gig which is the maximum limit.

However, Fiverr will sometimes automatically add related tags for certain subcategories. 

At the moment, there is no option to manually add more than 5 tags...

But it seems strange that over 99% of gigs seem to show no more than 5 tags in the "related tags" section (and based on what was said on the forum it doesn't always show every tag there that a seller has added to their gig) and less than 1% can show about 8 to 12 there.

It doesn't seem that much to do with the subcategories because it's not like there are many in the same subcategories that it shows the additional ones in. The only subcategory where it seems to always show an additional one in is logo design where it adds the single "logo maker" tag at the end of the related tags. These seem different than those. It shows the additional tags in "related tags" for one seller in 5 of their gigs (multiple subcategories of "writing & translation") and another user in 1 of their gigs (business->erp management subcat).

Maybe it would be better if it showed any additional ones (added by the system) in a different way than those added by the user to distinguish them.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1