What is going on?

xandriadv

Question

Is it normal to have all 5 rated gigs, one who has 700 reviews, other around 100-200 reviews (5 star rated)  but NOWHERE to be found on search results but yet appear "active" according to Fiverr support?  I still get orders but only from repeated buyers, no new buyers since 3 months ago...

• Like 9

6 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, xandriadv said:

Is it normal to have all 5 rated gigs, one who has 700 reviews, other around 100-200 reviews (5 star rated)  but NOWHERE to be found on search results but yet appear "active" according to Fiverr support?

Yes, it's usually due to negative private reviews from your customers (which you'll never see). Negative private reviews can make you seem invisible for 3 months or longer. The best thing you can do, is what you are doing now - continue to work with repeat buyers, delivering good orders so that you can get more positive reviews on your account. This can help you slowing gain more visibility in search until the negative private review drops off your record in 3 months. I did notice you had some negative reviews about three months ago, so hopefully it'll drop off soon and you can start seeing more impressions on your gig.

• Like 12

If you search for your gig title then filter down it shows your gig in the results.

It might be just not showing your gig in results without filtering due to there being too many other gigs that are relevant to the same search terms/too much competition from other gigs in your category.

If you have a low order completion rate or any late deliveries or low conversion rate (eg. clicks to orders) that might be something to do with you appearing lower in the results (and if you would be lower than the top 20 pages it won't show your gig at all without the user filtering the results.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I did notice you had some negative reviews about three months ago

Hi! First, Thank you so much for your answer, I appreciate it. The last negative review I got (2.3 rating) which was only one and it was 8 months ago. I did get some 4's 3 months ago but it's not anything serious since it's still good rating and it didn't affect my gig score. For private reviews, it could be, but I am just confused about this system who can erase your gigs in one day even tho you were still doing a good job and I was the most popular gig in that specific category.
It could've put me on at least some page and not totally erase it but yet again Fiverr support keeps telling me "everything is fine, it's just algorithms".  In these 3 months period, all I got was amazing support from repeated buyers and no bad reviews or late deliveries/cancelations, etc...

• Like 6

I was talking about negative private reviews, which no one will see. Based on the comments in a review you got 3 months ago, I suspected that buyer might have given you a negative private review, even though the public review was 4.3 stars. Private reviews are weighed heavily and have a big impact on your visibility in search. It also can stay on your account for 3 months.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

If you search for your gig title then filter down it shows your gig in the results.

It might be just not showing your gig in results without filtering due to there being too many other gigs that are relevant to the same search terms/too much competition from other gigs in your category.

If you have a low order completion rate or any late deliveries or low conversion rate (eg. clicks to orders) that might be something to do with you appearing lower in the results (and if you would be lower than the top 20 pages it won't show your gig at all without the user filtering the results.

True. I could only search my gig using the filer for "Seller details". I understand the competition as well, but It's just crazy that my gigs with such statistics and ratings gets no exposure. Profile rates are all green.. 

• Like 6

My comments are just speculation. You have more data than I have. I can't see your impressions, clicks, and orders. I can only guess based on written reviews.

So look at those numbers and try to find out the reason why your gig isn't visible in search. There's always a reason and sometimes it takes a bit of research to find out what's going on.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1