When did you get your first buyer/client?

ederrrlyn

Question

Hi, I'm new here and I'm curious when did you guys get your first buyer/client? Did you get them in just a week after posting your gig or did you wait until a month or longer? And what type of gig do you do?

I'm not rushing, I'm just generally curious of sellers experience here. 😃

• Like 20

15 answers to this question

There is certainly no timeline on how long it will take for you to get an order organically because it all depends on the algorithm and when it displays your gig in the search, of course other factors matter as well like how good is your gig and all. 

I would advice you not wait for an order but start sending buyers request everyday. You have 10 of them send them all if you can.  Promote your gig on social media and do it with determination and be optimistic 🙂 Hard work pays off eventually. 

I do graphic designing, t shirt designs and all 

Good luck. 

• Like 19

16 minutes ago, fission_designs said:

There is certainly no timeline on how long it will take for you to get an order organically because it all depends on the algorithm and when it displays your gig in the search, of course other factors matter as well like how good is your gig and all. 

I would advice you not wait for an order but start sending buyers request everyday. You have 10 of them send them all if you can.  Promote your gig on social media and do it with determination and be optimistic 🙂 Hard work pays off eventually. 

I do graphic designing, t shirt designs and all 

Good luck. 

Great advice, didn't really know that I can send buyers request. I'll do this, thank you so much!

• Like 15

Actually there to specific time limit for receiving an order, may be its from the buyer request or from direct order. I have received my all orders from direct selection. But for this you have to spend time before your gigs. You have to perfectly SEO your GIG. 

Gig marketing and gig SEO is vital for your GIG ranking. You may check my gig for proper SEO 

[Mod note: Link removed. Please read the forum rules.]

• Like 15

22 hours ago, tenebres_telrei said:

I got my first buyer when I picked a less competitive field and made a gig there. Then, surprisingly, within first 24h after a gig was made, I got my first client.

Wow that's so cool, what's your niche?

• Like 13

On 10/2/2022 at 9:16 AM, ederrrlyn said:

I'm curious when did you guys get your first buyer/client?

More than eight years ago.

Did you get them in just a week after posting your gig or did you wait until a month or longer?

My first order came relatively quickly, because I was offering a service people needed.

And what type of gig do you do?

You can see the gigs any seller offers by visiting their profile page.

• Like 10

On 2/10/2022 at 16:16, ederrrlyn said:

Ciao, sono nuovo qui e sono curioso di sapere quando avete avuto il vostro primo acquirente/cliente? Li hai ricevuti solo una settimana dopo aver pubblicato il tuo concerto o hai aspettato fino a un mese o più? E che tipo di concerto fai?

Non ho fretta, sono solo generalmente curioso dell'esperienza dei venditori qui. 😃

I'm in the graphics category, received my first one 1/2 months after opening the Gig

• Like 7

I got my first client within 10 days. I was surprised as well. After that I got messages and got another order after 3 weeks. But after that I got orders continuously after getting some orders and reviews. As my experience communication is the key point.

• Like 6

17 hours after I had posted my gig! 

And in the week that followed, a total of three orders from the same buyer. And this is in a super saturated field! Worked as hard as I could on the projects, ensured that the orders were delivered well before the deadline and the buyer was pleased with the end result. 

I didn't add any flashy title and/or gig description. Just stated whatever my background was, the experience I had and what I could offer in simple vocabulary. 

I guess it pays off to be honest.

• Like 5