I suspect a buyer is trying to scam me

nadav_gabriel

I have a buyer(A) that I reached to via buyer requests. He described what he wanted and I said I can make it, he replied that the order will be placed by his friend(B).

I agreed and an order was placed by B. When I delivered the product to B, A told me to send the files directly to him but I told him that I was waiting for B to accept the delivery of the order first as I was afraid that B would cancel the order.

A said that I don't have to worry and he wouldn't cancel and urged me to send the files as he cannot talk to B.

Seems sketchy to me.

• Like 10

I agree that looks very weird. The order will auto-complete in 3 days without a revision request, so you can tell buyer A that they can either wait the three days for the order to complete, or place a new order themselves if they are no longer communicating with B. Ultimately, the contract is between you and B, A has absolutely no rights to the work you completed since they didn't pay for it or place the order for it.

• Like 10
  • Up 2

I agree with @joyh97 - your agreement is with Buyer B. Buyer A cannot speak on the behalf of Buyer B and you can't send Buyer B's files to Buyer A. You can let Buyer B know that Buyer A wants the files.

I think @joyh97's idea to suggest a new contract between you and Buyer A is a brilliant idea. Buyer A probably won't take that offer.

If Buyer A gets mad at you, or too demanding, you can always block him. There's no reason to deal with him.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

• 5 months later...

Hi. I'm new to Fiverr and just started a beta reading gig. I was recently contacted by someone who wanted me to record myself reading their book. They didn't mention any rates or anything like that, they only said it would be paid by the hour and that someone else would have to make the final decision. Are there any recording scams like this that I need to be aware of or make people aware of? This individual is not from the US. Please advise. 

• Like 4

Hi there.

It smell fishy. Did your buyer came from one of these three:

"I***a" , B*******sh, P******n" ?

Tripple your cautions when deal with these country Buyer.

Please note that SCAM BUYER Always target New Seller.

Before accept any order.., please make sure that both of you clearly understand the task.

Best of luck.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Hello Fiverrs,

I've just received an odd message requesting proofreading and voice over. 

The client sent me three files, the first two were suppose to be movies but the extension was BIN. The third file was a XLSX extension with didn't open. 

Oddly, my Fiverr app was updated at the moment I tried to open the third file.

I uninstalled Fiverr and installed it again, but the BIN files I've downloaded simply vanished. 

Can it be a scam to steal my Fiverr credentials or account? If so, which steps should I take?

Sincerely,

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Urgent Advice Needed: Fiverr Pro Client Requests Order Placement from Different Account

Hey fellow freelancers,

I hope you're all doing well. I recently had an experience on Fiverr that has left me feeling a bit uncertain, and I'd really appreciate your insights and advice on this matter.

A Fiverr Pro client recently approached me with a project involving two animations. I provided some sample work, and their response seemed quite cheerful and satisfied. However, here's where things took an unexpected turn: The client is now asking me to place the order for their project using a different Fiverr account.

Naturally, this situation has raised some red flags for me. I'm unsure if this is a common practice or if potential risks might be involved. Could this be some kind of scam or fraudulent activity? I've always valued transparent and ethical business practices, and I want to make sure I'm not inadvertently getting involved in something that could harm my reputation or financial well-being.

I'm turning to this amazing community for guidance. Have any of you encountered a similar situation before? What would you recommend I do in this case? Should I proceed with the client's request, or is it safer to decline and explain my concerns?

Your experiences and insights mean a lot to me, and I believe that your collective wisdom can shed light on this matter. Let's help each other navigate the challenges of freelancing in the online marketplace and ensure we're all making informed decisions.

Thank you in advance for your valuable input!

Best regards,
Subhrajit Mitra
Your Fiverr Username: tatoon2018 

• Like 5