I suspect a buyer is trying to scam me

nadav_gabriel

Question

I have a buyer(A) that I reached to via buyer requests. He described what he wanted and I said I can make it, he replied that the order will be placed by his friend(B).

I agreed and an order was placed by B. When I delivered the product to B, A told me to send the files directly to him but I told him that I was waiting for B to accept the delivery of the order first as I was afraid that B would cancel the order.

A said that I don't have to worry and he wouldn't cancel and urged me to send the files as he cannot talk to B.

Seems sketchy to me.

• Like 10

3 answers to this question

I agree that looks very weird. The order will auto-complete in 3 days without a revision request, so you can tell buyer A that they can either wait the three days for the order to complete, or place a new order themselves if they are no longer communicating with B. Ultimately, the contract is between you and B, A has absolutely no rights to the work you completed since they didn't pay for it or place the order for it.

• Like 10
  • Up 2

I agree with @joyh97 - your agreement is with Buyer B. Buyer A cannot speak on the behalf of Buyer B and you can't send Buyer B's files to Buyer A. You can let Buyer B know that Buyer A wants the files.

I think @joyh97's idea to suggest a new contract between you and Buyer A is a brilliant idea. Buyer A probably won't take that offer.

If Buyer A gets mad at you, or too demanding, you can always block him. There's no reason to deal with him.

• Like 10
  • Up 1