About spam in buyer's request.

shalock

Hi!

As you may have seen if you've been perousing through the buyers request section or reading some posts here on the forum, theres been an increase amount of sellers that publish their gigs in the buyers request and its starting to become an annoyance.

However, i wonder, when you submit a buyer request isn't it supposed to be reviewed before allowing it posting? Or its an automatic process that only check for forbidden keywords? In that case, wouldn't be easy to implement a parameter that forbids publishing Fiverr's links in the requests?

Don't know if reporting this users can be useful as theres no really a direct way to do that from the request section. Maybe, for now, what we can do is stop clicking on their links to show them that this tactic won't work to generate traffic until a better solution is implemented.

• Like 15
  • Up 2

Hi @shalock, Buyer Briefs will be replacing Buyer Requests. You can currently report sellers who are misusing this feature. This change is being rolled out slowly, but eventually there will be "certified clients" who will be matched with your services.

You can read more about this here:

• Like 13
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @shalock, Buyer Briefs will be replacing Buyer Requests. You can currently report sellers who are misusing this feature. This change is being rolled out slowly, but eventually there will be "certified clients" who will be matched with your services.

You can read more about this here:

Hi @vickieito ! I've been receiving more briefings lately but didn't know the plan was that it will replace the buyers request. It seems a good change and it requires an extra verification and usually in the briefs the sellers explains better their projects and ideas.

However, i have to mention that spam and all, my experience is better with buyers requests than with the brief. I suppose we will have to wait and see how the tool unfolds.

Thanks for the info! I'll give a look to the post you attached!

Edited by shalock
  • Like 13
  • Congrats! 1