Had my seller level status wiped from one client who didn’t get back to me on time

liseljung

Wonder if anyone else has had this experience.  I was a level 1 seller. I had a job and repeatedly asked the client to extend the time as he wasn’t getting back to me. He didn’t and as a result I lost my level 1 status and haven’t had a job since.  He has written and apologised and asked how he can give me  good feedback. He doesn’t know how. I’ve basically lost 2 years of work due to one client. Help ! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

55 minutes ago, liseljung said:

Wonder if anyone else has had this experience.  I was a level 1 seller. I had a job and repeatedly asked the client to extend the time as he wasn’t getting back to me. He didn’t and as a result I lost my level 1 status and haven’t had a job since.  He has written and apologised and asked how he can give me  good feedback. He doesn’t know how. I’ve basically lost 2 years of work due to one client. Help ! 

That sucks! 

If a buyer doesn't get back to you after repeated efforts, you can contact customer support to cancel the order. They usually do it without it affecting your completion rate. 

If the time window for leaving feedback is over, it's over. I would avoid talking to the buyer about feedback or reviews. It could be considered review manipulation and land you in trouble due to TOS violations. 

As for what you can do now: hope that you'll get some previous buyers coming along who needs orders. Having regular/returning buyers is important, since they can get you out of the swamp, so to speak. 

How are your stats at the moment? Are you eligible for promotion back up to level 1 soon? It happens on the 15th of every month, so you're only a few days out, if your stats fulfill the requirements. 

If not, your on-time delivery rate is for the last 60 days, meaning you can get promoted back up to level 1 about two months after your stats dropped. I think the stats will go back up on their own, even if you've had no orders in that time, as long as it's 60 days since it happend. So you haven't lost two years of work. But it might take some time to get back to where you were. 

Best of luck! 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 12

I can feel your sadness. It happened with me as well where buyer lates delivery by non responsive cooperation.

Its situation where your hands are tied.

If you cancel order, order completion rate effects and if you wait, order on-time delivery rate effects.

In both conditions, level is gone.

When buyer is offline, I usually hit delivery by saying "delivering work, due to lack of response".

And this method is working to put pressure on client to respond. Else order marked complete in 3 days.

For now, I suggest you spent more hard work this month with more orders with great pace.

Level is updated every month, so hope you get back your level next month.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, grayprogrammerz said:

When buyer is offline, I usually hit delivery by saying "delivering work, due to lack of response".

And this method is working to put pressure on client to respond. Else order marked complete in 3 days.

And you are lucky that you still didn’t get a warning. But all it takes only one buyer reporting you and you will get a warning right away for doing that. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grayprogrammerz said:

If the work isn't fully complete, for whatever reason, what you're doing is a violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service.

And that could create more problems for you than a late delivery or a cancellation.

• Like 8

On 7/9/2022 at 2:25 PM, liseljung said:

I was a level 1 seller. I

I see your profile still says level one? 🤔

On 7/9/2022 at 2:25 PM, liseljung said:

repeatedly asked the client to extend the time

5 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

It happened with me as well

@liseljung and @grayprogrammerz

You both have your delivery times set at 2 and 3 days. Perhaps it would be best for you to extend that to avoid issues like that in the future?

I have padded all my delivery timetables by one day to prevent the problem you both mentioned. It works out very well as the clients are grateful to get their orders earlier than expected. Plus, they write in their reviews about what quick deliveries I provide even though the fastest turnaround I offer is four days.

Buyers who need their work faster always contact me, and I charge them more for two-day delivery.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

23 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

And you are lucky that you still didn’t get a warning. But all it takes only one buyer reporting you and you will get a warning right away for doing that. 

Well I'm freelancer, not a slave to wait for a client's response for months.

Both my time and client cooperation is important. If I do 100% from my side, then I shouldn't be blamed because I fulfilled my responsibility.

We deliver according as per our understanding. Now its buyer responsibility to ask for revision if required.

Strange. I heard first time that a buyer can report on incomplete delivery.

Then I would be one having 170+ warnings. 😁

Buyer ask for revision if changes required, not report.

Even if buyer reports stating "seller did incomplete delivery", then fiverr support will suggest them to:

1. take revision

or

2. cancel order

Or may be I misunderstand, please correct me (if any).

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, grayprogrammerz said:

Strange. I heard first time that a buyer can report on incomplete delivery.

Then it looks like you didn’t read fiverr TOS that you signed and agreed to.
Yes they can and that’s why I said that you are extremely lucky that no one did so far. 

If you don’t have all info then you don’t start an order and just cancel if buyer is unresponsive not deliver incomplete work that buyer paid for in full. 

• Like 3
  • Up 2