Buyer ask to to buy something in amazon and just asking for review.

vincezen

Question

I am new to Fiverr so I am not sure what kind of scams or other against the TOS tasks might the buyer offer.

Recently I got a client where he ask me to buy a shirt and send it to some charity but after a few moment the buyer just tells me that just send it to my address. The item will arrive tomorrow then he just told me that I can just leave a positive review on it and keep the item (T Shirt).

I am not sure what is the catch there, so I am kind of worried.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

9 answers to this question

You don’t need to know what’s the catch to know it’s a scam. 
First of all, if you don’t offer this service then whomever offers you to earn money with whatever scheme it’s a scam. 
Now he can easily cancel the order and get his money back so you will be at at a loss because you paid for the product yourself. And you also broke fiverr TOS and worst case you might loose your account, best case just the money that you spent on T-shirts 

• Like 12
  • Up 2

14 minutes ago, vincezen said:

hi @ozan_erdi here is my gig for your reference, the service that I offer is to buy stuff here from Japan. So I am not sure of your assumptions.

You buy his shirt for 10 dollars. Leave a good review on amazon, he marks your order of 12 dollars completed, leaves you a good review. Nobody spends any money except small fees and a shirt. Everybody gets 5 star review. And if you send back this shirt to somewhere else(Which can be "back to them") He doesnt even spend a shirt to get this.

What do you think this looks like? It doesnt even look like a scam. It looks like a scheme. You might have good intentions. But you should take a look at the story here. I dont have anything else to say.

Edited by ozan_erdi
  • Like 8
  • Up 2

1 minute ago, ozan_erdi said:

You buy his shirt for 10 dollars. Leave a good review on amazon, he marks your order of 12 dollars completed, leaves you a good review. Nobody spends any money except small fees and everybody gets 5 star review.

What do you think this looks like? It doesnt even look like a scam. It looks like a scheme. You might have good intentions. But you should take a look at the story here. I dont have anything else to say.

That is actually the reason why I posted it here, I already raised this concern to support since indeed there is something wrong happening here. 

and yeah its better for you not to say anything since you are just making irrational statements.

• Like 6
  • Up 3

@ozan_erdi Actually if the gig will be completed the total amount the he will pay is around $17, the charity he mentioned is from this website The Japan Relief Clothing Center provides support activities such as donating clothing to disaster-affected areas and conflict areas overseas. (jrcc.or.jp) and I confirm the address and contact so I can say it is a legitimate charity.

for reference:

image.png.c1d553260dff4e8a249b1caf89f4dd5e.png

Edited by vincezen
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, vincezen said:

@ozan_erdi Actually if the gig will be completed the total amount the he will pay is around $17, the charity he mentioned is from this website The Japan Relief Clothing Center provides support activities such as donating clothing to disaster-affected areas and conflict areas overseas. (jrcc.or.jp) and I confirm the address and contact so I can say it is a legitimate charity.

Im just tryng to tell you what these series of events look like. You can choose to get offended by it, but im not doing this for the sake of my pleasure.

But if i can see it that way, someone else can see it too. That is my whole point. It is very open ended. You may never be able to fully prove that i am wrong. How can you prove that you are not associated outside of fiver with your client in this incident. Some screenshots and addresses does not make it any less suspicious. Fiverr only cares about the actions you have done in fiverr. In this case, your client is asking you to pay them in another platform. It stinks of misdeed.

Im not sure what would be Fiverr's stance at this instance. But if it was up to me, i would definetly think you were doing these things to promote each others pressence in these platforms, or for something worse. Since when buying charity items is a freelance work? 

You can get banned, your account can get removed, you might be accused way harder than i did to you. Even if you are an entity made from the souls of Nelson Mandela and Mahatma Gandhi combined.

I hope you are seeing what im seeing. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

There is no catch, whole thing is absurd. 

I guess you are exchanging reviews? You give them 5 star in amazon, they give you in fiverr. You gave them x amount of money for shirt, which you will get back from fiverr. 

Sorry but looks like you guys are misusing both platforms at the same time. Its clear as a day.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2