Where to promote my gigs?

Guest dmc_art

Question

Guest dmc_art

Guyz and gals, I'm facing a troublesome problem, and a serious question:

Where should I promote my gigs?

Facebook - tons of scammers

Instagram - yes and no, but mostly NO

Any idea how to kickstart my profile here? I am trying to get my first order, so I'm marketing my gigs.

If you know where should I try promoting my gigs, or how to kickstart here - I would like to hear your opinion

9 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, dmc_art said:

Any idea how to kickstart my profile here? I am trying to get my first order, so I'm marketing my gigs.

How are you marketing your gigs? 

You can build successful business pages on any social media platform including fb and Instagram. The question is can you build a following that consists of your target audience on that platform, can you create content that will attract them (and no just your gig link wouldn’t cut it), and how much time it will take you to build your brand. 

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, dmc_art said:

but I'm just trying to get into groups and pages where I post about my work and my gigs. As you've said - how much time it will take.

No that’s not marketing 😉 that’s spamming groups and pages, a lot of them don’t even allow that and the ones that do allow it 99% chance is not your target audience and you will not get sales from it. “How much time it will take” does not apply for sharing your gig links in groups and pages, that’s just waste of time. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, dmc_art said:

Guyz and gals, I'm facing a troublesome problem, and a serious question:

Where should I promote my gigs?

Facebook - tons of scammers

Instagram - yes and no, but mostly NO

If you know where should I try promoting my gigs, or how to kickstart here - I would like to hear your opinion

You should focus on marketing your gig on Fiverr. Your buyers are here. Making your gig the best it can be should be your main priority. 

With all that said, LinkedIn would probably be the most relevant third party platform to market your gig outside of Fiverr. 

1 hour ago, dmc_art said:

but I'm just trying to get into groups and pages where I post about my work and my gigs. 

That's not marketing. What you're doing is called spamming. It's not going to get you any business. 

• Like 10

Guest dmc_art
7 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

How are you marketing your gigs? 

You can build successful business pages on any social media platform including fb and Instagram. The question is can you build a following that consists of your target audience on that platform, can you create content that will attract them (and no just your gig link wouldn’t cut it), and how much time it will take you to build your brand. 

Creating business page on each social media platform may work fine, but I'm just trying to get into groups and pages where I post about my work and my gigs. As you've said - how much time it will take. Well, that is my concern. I already work a full time job as a designer, and spending hours each day to organize, create posts and engage in such marketing by myself is a bit too much (for now). 

Guest dmc_art

I think you're all right in a way, it is just that I never needed personal marketing or promoting 🙄 I've always worked for a company or a studio and they did the marketing. Guess I'll have to learn few tricks of the trade