Seller contacts your clients directly

samyco

Question

Hi all,

we are a little agency and due to lack of time, we thought about using fiverr to outsource some work. I found a seller here on fiverr and i gave him work for about 10 projects.

Now my client contacted me, that he got contacted by someone (the Fiverr guy) about the work. So the seller on fiverr contacts my clients.

How would you react and what are the fiverr regulations?

Thanks!

Edited by samyco
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 answers to this question

Violation of the Terms of Service, you can discuss with Customer Support (support@fiverr.com)

You can read more about it below

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Privacy & Identity - You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the Order Page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of Fiverr will not be protected by our Terms of Service.

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

When the mouse is away, the cat will play.

There's an old saying that reflects what you're experiencing quite well. When the person in charge isn't around, those beneath them will take advantage of the situation. In your case, it sounds like the Fiverr seller you were working with saw an opportunity to reach out to your clients directly and try to get more work from them.

Above theratypist has been helpful in sharing you how this violates Fiverr's terms of service. If a Fiverr seller contacts your clients directly, they are in violation of our terms and could be subject to consequences.

I suggest you reach out to Fiverr support and let them know what's going on. They'll be able to look into the matter and take appropriate action.

In the meantime, for the future if you plan on outsourcing work on Fiverr, I recommend being more hands on. It's always best to manage projects yourself and only give the seller specific instructions on what needs to be done. This way there's no room for misunderstanding or miscommunication.

I wouldn't want to delegate a heap of projects to one seller alone - especially if there's no trust built over time. It's always best to play it safe.

I would suggest you learn from your experience with the intention of understanding how to manage people and projects better in the future.

There are a lot of good people on Fiverr - but there are also some bad apples. It's important to know how to spot them and avoid them.

Thanks for bringing this up, it's an important topic!

• Like 2