Order canceled by customer support minutes after it was created

donnovan86

So I had a strange experience today.

A client started placing an order, a few minutes later he shared his topic, it was this

image.thumb.jpeg.bae78b6e3c1a0796e581306464c45dde.jpeg

Then 3 minutes later, Fiverr automatically cancels the order. By the time I see the order, I already found it canceled and I have no idea whether this impacts my cancellation rate or not. I assume it doesn't, because Fiverr canceled it themselves (I assume the F word triggered some sort of automatic cancellation thing). 

Did someone else experience anything similar to this and if they did, will this automatic cancellation bring any damage to the cancellation rate? I am very curious about this.

Thanks.

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

My first guess is that they emailed support submitting requirements and said it was an accident/they were confused and support cancelled it. But that's just a guess

They sent the requirements and within 2 minutes the order was canceled. That's 100% automatic... there wasn't even an order 5 minutes before the order was canceled, they initiated, submitted requirements in 2 minutes and then the order canceled 2 minutes after that.. So there was no time to contact support, and I doubt they would reply in 2 minutes anyway. 

So I do think this was automated or something. They did remove him from Fiverr, so it might be a chargeback too. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

so it might be a chargeback too. 

Ah that makes sense. I just don't think it was anything to do with the language. I also don't think it will hit your stats, but who knows... crazier things have happened to others. I recently heard the story of fiverr Pete. Not sure what to believe!

• Like 6

My first guess would be early buyer's remorse. Or "my son ordered, it was an accident". Chargeback would fit that too. Or maybe Fiverr already had the account on the radar for some reason, and hence the quick or automated reaction. Or maybe something to do with there already being books with that title, who knows. Take screenshots, monitor your response rate and contact support if it drops from this. Your chances that they'd fix it, are good, I think.

• Like 6