Order Placed with Content I'm Not Comfortable With

Guest dtvoiceovers

Question

Guest dtvoiceovers

Hello,

I'm a new seller to the platform and was so excited to receive my first order.  I've provided two jobs for this individual and he placed another order today (I'm a voice actor).  The script content is becoming more and more suggestive and I'm not comfortable with the content in the recent order.  How do I go about cancelling the order and cut ties with this individual?

Also I assume this is going to hurt my status as a new seller. ??  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! 

Thanks much! 

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the Fiverr and many congratulations on getting orders as a new seller.
As far as your order is concerned, has client just placed the order or submitted the requirements too and the order is officially started?

I am asking this because recently I got an order that I couldn't work on, fortunately client hasn't provided the requirements so even cancellation didn't affected my gig. 

If the order is started, may be you can communicate to client politely and tell him/her that you aren't comfortable with such orders and you won't be able to continue. How does that sound?

Not being comfortable with the content that you are to perform is more than enough a valid reason to discontinue the order and block the buyer from purchasing from you in the future.

Inform CS of the situation but they will likely want you to relay your feelings to the buyer as well in the form of a cancellation request. It would help strengthen your position if you have clearly stated on your gig page/FAQ/order requirements section the type of script content you are unable or unwilling to perform.

Hopefully, the cancellation is accepted and CS restores your order completion stat, but there will likely still be some lingering negative impact from the cancellation on your gig visibility.

Archived