What is the most important tip you'll give a young new designer?

n_benzbar

There's a key difference between passion and profession. As a professional marketing and presentation play key role in your work. As of production becomes just in industrial role. 

While passion doesn't care marketing, presentation or production. It is just your inner satisfaction. So the basic difference of artist and labourer may be assessed here.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

In light of recent events, I don't think there will be any increased interest in the services of designers and illustrators. There is enough material on the web for AIs to get better and better, to draw more accurately, to design more interestingly. So it's time to think about a profession where you do more with your hands, because individuality, creativity and creativity are becoming less and less important.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...

You will be getting lots of advices from people. However, I'll give just one advice from my side.

I think, to be an absolute graphic designer, you need to read lots of books what most people avoid. Reading books will make you a good researcher, good thinker, an artist who doesn't collect everything indiscriminately, rather selectively! Books will help you learn thinking out of the box that is a must for a graphic designer. So, read books as many as you can! And be selective while reading books!