buyer wants to only make an order once the work is complete?

sesoru

Question

Is this allowed? I am new to using the requests option. I put in an answer to a request and the buyer wants me to do the work before he puts in an order. I haven't had any orders yet, so IDK the decorum 100%, but that seems kinda sketchy? Or is this how it's supposed to go or..?

Just now, sesoru said:

Or is this how it's supposed to go or..?

Nope. Tell him that on fiverr all work starts only after placing an order. 
That's already kind of a red flag that he is proposing it, but after your message you will be able to see his reaction and if he still insists then most likely he has no intention of paying for your services 

Guest nabiul_hasan007

I have seen many buyers who did the same things. 

The thing is,

Never do the work before as you don't know if they are going to pay

I suggest avoid this client nicely. 

dont,,I would also suggest not offering free samples. In my experience, buyers who ask for a free sample are either trying to scam or will be difficult anyway and not worth the time and effort. People who are serious about ordering, simply place an order or ask you to send them an offer, there's really not much more to it.

I facing same things today, for my first work. Fiverr can do anything for this types of buyer? most of the new sellers are fall dawn for this kind of buyer's. Fiverr should do something for this kind of buyer. This is a real income source place, where millions of people work for their livelihood. Please don't ignominy in Fiverr.

1 hour ago, gajuseidi said:

As people here have already mentioned, it's simply not worth it. I know it can be tempting since you don't have any orders yet, but that's exactly the reason you have received a request like this. You will probably receive more similar requests until you get the ball rolling, so it's best to implement strict rules right in the beginning.

I would also suggest not offering free samples. In my experience, buyers who ask for a free sample are either trying to scam or will be difficult anyway and not worth the time and effort. People who are serious about ordering, simply place an order or ask you to send them an offer, there's really not much more to it.

I made a post some time ago about this issue, there are some great suggestions from our fellow forum members that you might find useful:

Thanks for the link! I agree, I never offer free artwork and when I see people request it for any reason (even as you said, for samples or as a 'test' or whatever), it is automatically a huge red flag. I have had, in the past, many cases of buyers trying to literally coerce any way they can to the point of guilt tripping (my favorite being people playing the "This is so and so's [insert family member here] and x has died. you owe them free art because they like your art". And of course, this is always AFTER you tell them you won't give them free art lmao), so I am sadly a little more on guard than perhaps others that have not had to deal with it.

I am just wondering at this point if I should be reporting this person who messaged me asking me to go around fiverr's system.

Archived