Disallow Download Feature on Source File before Accepting Order

ju1design

1 minute ago, mf_digitalart said:

Fiverr should ideally prohibit or disable the download button

Okay... and so that newbie and scam sellers can send incomplete files (or even an empty zip file) to the buyer and still get the order approved and scam the buyers?

5 minutes ago, mf_digitalart said:

They can even cancel the order, yet still obtain the design they want

To cancel an order, it must be mutually accepted by both parties (buyer and seller) to successfully close a dispute. If you feel that you have provided satisfactory work as per the buyer's specifications, you have every right and option to reject the cancellation request by explaining to the buyer why the cancellation can not be accepted.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

and so that newbie and scam sellers can send incomplete files (or even an empty zip file) to the buyer and still get the order approved and scam the buyers?

If such a situation occurs, the buyer can contact Customer Support and report the dishonest seller. Fiverr can easily facilitate a cancellation and refund the buyer's money, as well as take action by banning the dishonest seller.

5 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

To cancel an order, it must be mutually accepted by both parties (buyer and seller) to successfully close a dispute. If you feel that you have provided satisfactory work as per the buyer's specifications, you have every right and option to reject the cancellation request by explaining to the buyer why the cancellation can not be accepted.

What if they say they don't like my work and it doesn't meet their expectations? I won't force the buyer if they genuinely don't like it. However, they could potentially lie about not liking it and request a cancelation while still keeping my source file on their computer.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, mf_digitalart said:

As an illustrator, I am deeply troubled by the buyer's ability to freely download the source file before the order is completed. They can even cancel the order, yet still obtain the design they want because they have already downloaded the source file. Fiverr should ideally prohibit or disable the download button for the source file until the order is finalized.

I might sound completely naive here but why not share the design as a PDF during the development stage and share the source file only in the final delivery of the order. 

Unless buyer wishes to see all the layers or design elements used in the file at every stage for various reasons. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, mf_digitalart said:

If such a situation occurs, the buyer can contact Customer Support and report the dishonest seller. Fiverr can easily facilitate a cancellation and refund the buyer's money, as well as take action by banning the dishonest seller.

There are many newbie sellers on this platform who do not even know the basic functioning of this platform. Can you even imagine the huge backlash Fiverr could face if buyers are scammed again and again (if they implement your suggestion)? And do you think customer support has that much time to resolve all these issues?

3 hours ago, mf_digitalart said:

What if they say they don't like my work and it doesn't meet their expectations?

Stand your ground and provide them with evidence as to why the cancellation CAN NOT be accepted. Do you go ahead and deliver the source file directly without any prior updates? I personally send them frequent updates (almost every alternate day) and proceed with the work only after their confirmation. So, there is no way that the buyer will come in the end and say that he did not like the work.

So, it's all about how you execute the project and how you establish your communication with the buyer during the order stage. Most of the issues can be resolved only with good and solid communication.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

On 9/24/2023 at 10:58 AM, mf_digitalart said:

As an illustrator, I am deeply troubled by the buyer's ability to freely download the source file before the order is completed. They can even cancel the order, yet still obtain the design they want because they have already downloaded the source file. Fiverr should ideally prohibit or disable the download button for the source file until the order is finalized.

That's not a good idea, what Fiverr can only do in respect of this is to watermark the files if possible. Moreover, if your work is good you shouldn't care about that.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, design5114 said:

That's not a good idea, what Fiverr can only do in respect of this is to watermark the files if possible.

What's the point of putting a watermark if the source file can be freely downloaded without completing the order?

14 hours ago, design5114 said:

Moreover, if your work is good you shouldn't care about that.

You don't understand, It's actually because my work is good and have a high quality so I care about this. I want Fiverr to protect the security of my artwork from theft.

• Like 2