Order complete rate

avangarf

Question

A few days ago a guy contacted me for a logo. We discuss on chat and before we finish the discussion he placed a wrong order.

In mean time he asked for more samples of my work, so I ve send him few logos I made in the past.

We agreed to cancel the order the order and he said he will place a new one.

After I canceled, he said he don't nothing anything else and he will use for his project a logo I ve send as a example and will not pay me for nothing.

Now my rate is at 94%.

What should I do ?

Thank you!

9 answers to this question

This is exactly why I would never send any sample via chat. More often than not people ask me to show them my past work even if the gig previews are more than enough to determine my style and if what I do may be what they are looking for. Whenever they ask for samples I can always hear the alarm bell ringing in my ears, because how do I know they won't for example take my artwork, remove the signature and use it for their NFT project?

Never, and I can't stress this enough, NEVER send any free sample! If they really want to see something you haven't properly displayed on your gig page, you could just make a low res screenshot with a big mark, or anything that would prevent them from using it in any way.

Note: You most likely already got in touch with the CS, but for future reference I would consider contacting them on their official Facebook page too. If you send them a private message with your ticket number (don't post it in the comments) explaining your matter is urgent, they may get back to you sooner.

On 12/14/2021 at 7:03 PM, avangarf said:

A few days ago a guy contacted me for a logo. We discuss on chat and before we finish the discussion he placed a wrong order.

In mean time he asked for more samples of my work, so I ve send him few logos I made in the past.

We agreed to cancel the order the order and he said he will place a new one.

After I canceled, he said he don't nothing anything else and he will use for his project a logo I ve send as a example and will not pay me for nothing.

Now my rate is at 94%.

What should I do ?

Thank you!

contact  fiverr support 

Archived