More time bought for recording than the gig allows?

severnduo

Question

Hi all, had a strange thing happen with one of our gigs and want to try and figure out what has happened so we can avoid it in the future.

We sell music recordings and our gigs are set up with defined prices per duration. $10/20 seconds, $30/2 minutes etc. We do not offer customisable durations (there is no box where a buyer could put in their own duration request). 

A buyer recently booked in and has somehow managed to book in 64 seconds for $10USD (our 20 second rate). We just cannot figure out how the buyer has managed to do this when the only options available are 20 seconds, 2 minutes or 5 minutes. Even stacking the $10 gig would give us a multiple of 20, but 64 seconds is just weird! We've gone in to pretend to buy our own gig to see if there's a way we can make this happen ourselves, but haven't been able to replicate this.

Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

I'm not sure if this might be it, but:

I recently ran a search and used the filters to set a minimum price. I clicked a few gigs, and for one of them (I can't remember why) I went and visited their profile in a new tab (important, because it let me compare the two pages side-by-side). To my puzzlement, the base price of their gig was half the price I'd set in the filter, and the delivery time duration had been messed with (not half).

I remember there was a box that stated "Customized for you!" so I dismissed it as a quirk of the Fiverr system. But now I wonder.

---

Edit, I went and tried to reproduce it, and:

image.thumb.png.97fc8e1c38eddefbfc0578e7faa12dc3.png

So, Fiverr, likely WITHOUT THE SELLER'S PERMISSION, doubled their asking price to fit the search criteria, but more than halved the time in which it would have needed to of been delivered.

I see a problem.

38 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

I remember there was a box that stated "Customized for you!" so I dismissed it as a quirk of the Fiverr system. But now I wonder.

When you search and put a minimum price the results page can (probably misleadingly) put a gig's standard price in the "starting at" price in the search results (when the basic price is less).

eg. if I search for one of the OP's gig titles with the search budget set as "Min 20" (and that adds a misleading tag thing saying "Over 20" when it's actually looking for >= $20), it shows "Starting at $40" for the OP's gig. Opening that gig shows the gig and the "recommended for you" is placed on the standard package, which is $40 (and the basic one is $10).

In the past I've had offers I sent as "x seconds" change to "x minutes" after the offer was created. I think that's fixed now, but it could be something similar.

You could ask the buyer (what they did to create the order with those amounts) and/or contact support and ask them to check how it could have happened. It could be a bug. Maybe a discount code could have been used too.

So, Fiverr, likely WITHOUT THE SELLER'S PERMISSION, doubled their asking price to fit the search criteria, but more than halved the time in which it would have needed to of been delivered.

In the writing gig I looked at the "compare packages" section showed options for 2 delivery times in each package, with the default being the longer time and lower price. The one where it is "customized for your" when I tried, it selected the lower of the 2 delivery times and that increased the price to the amount the seller had set for that delivery time and package. Maybe it's adjusting things (like delivery time - from the ones the seller specified can be selected, package to select) to be >= the minimum price you specify in the budget.

On 12/1/2021 at 2:28 PM, imagination7413 said:

I'm not sure if this might be it, but:

I recently ran a search and used the filters to set a minimum price. I clicked a few gigs, and for one of them (I can't remember why) I went and visited their profile in a new tab (important, because it let me compare the two pages side-by-side). To my puzzlement, the base price of their gig was half the price I'd set in the filter, and the delivery time duration had been messed with (not half).

---

Edit, I went and tried to reproduce it, and:

image.thumb.png.97fc8e1c38eddefbfc0578e7faa12dc3.png

I see a problem.

Thanks

Archived