Buyer requests? As a seller?

yeoshinjuno

Time and time again, veteran sellers talk about this pseudo "holy grail", the buyer request.

It's definitely just me, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it.

I'm reading it literally, so isn't a buyer request supposed to be requests made by buyers?

Sometimes I get that, that is what it is, based on how it's used. But when they saw we have 10 buyers requests daily, or even worse we are to send(?!) the requests, I get confused.

Needless to say, I haven't been using it to promote my gig as I obviously don't know what it is, does, or is used for.

Please, I need an explanation in layman's terms, that is, explained very simply with an emphasis on how I can use it too.

Thank you🥰

You seem to understand it correctly. There's a section of the site where buyers post job requests. Sellers can then apply for those jobs by responding with an offer and a short message about why they should be hired. The buyer will then typically hire the seller who sent the most suitable response.

But when they saw we have 10 buyers requests daily, or even worse we are to send(?!) the requests, I get confused.

That advice is nonsense, and is usually shared by people without many sales. For starters, new sellers don't usually see many requests, so sending ten per day is often impossible. Second, many of the jobs on offer in this section aren't very good, so you're certainly entitled to skip over them, rather than work for peanuts. You won't be punished for respecting yourself.

The section can be useful, but it's no holy grail. It's very flawed, and so is a lot of the advice surrounding it. If you want to use it, check it now and again, and apply to any jobs that seem interesting. If you send just one response a month, so be it. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

5 hours ago, ahmwritingco said:

You seem to understand it correctly. There's a section of the site where buyers post job requests. Sellers can then apply for those jobs by responding with an offer and a short message about why they should be hired. The buyer will then typically hire the seller who sent the most suitable response.

That advice is nonsense, and is usually shared by people without many sales. For starters, new sellers don't usually see many requests, so sending ten per day is often impossible. Second, many of the jobs on offer in this section aren't very good, so you're certainly entitled to skip over them, rather than work for peanuts. You won't be punished for respecting yourself.

The section can be useful, but it's no holy grail. It's very flawed, and so is a lot of the advice surrounding it. If you want to use it, check it now and again, and apply to any jobs that seem interesting. If you send just one response a month, so be it. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

Thank you. 

Archived