Handling Fiverr Seller Burn-out

hotwebideas

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’v started to find that I don’t usually sink in orders, I’v now found a deadline that works now which is 14 days. It enables me to take a break for a few days also if need be and then I find I’m actually a heck of a lot faster and more efficient once I’v take myself away from the laptop for a little bit and had a bit of a refresh.

I suggested a function that stop taking new order and notify people in longer queue when the the paid queue drop under certain number here:

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/5614/auto-stop-taking-order-when-a-limit-reach-in-queue#Item_1

Everybody who can not avoid burn-out with 20+ order every week or half week like me will have big benefit from this function. So come to that thread and show them that we need it.

Come on, Fiverr. You will not want me to disable my gigs to clear them then turn on again, that’s so lame and hassle.

• 3 weeks later...

I was that way a couple of months ago. Back in January I was averaging 30 to 40 orders a day. All my gigs were ‘‘Express’’ at that time, so I was definitely getting that ‘‘Burn-Out’’ state.

What I did was increase the amount of days. It helped a lot. Depending on the amount of orders I was getting during the day, I increased or decreased the delivery time.

For example, if I woke up and I already had 10 orders, the gigs stayed at 2 days delivery time. However, if I woke up and I already had 20 orders, then I had to increase the delivery time to 3 days. Some days up to 4.

Never suspend a gig. I am not sure if that really hurts your gigs, but just in case don;t do it. 😉

I suggest you guys find a way to continue working without suspending the gigs, because you never know when that flow of orders is going to decrease. I was averaging 30 to 40 orders and now my average is 5 orders a day. I never suspended my gigs though.

This is just the way Fiverr works. Some months your gig is on fire, while others you struggle to get orders.

I hope my advices come in hady. 🙂

• 4 months later...

I didnt realize Fiverr burn out because doing writing blog gigs I normally had only one or two in queue. After a year I had a real good feedback rating with about 70 positives and in all almost 200 gigs done. I dont know why alot of buyers refrain from leaving feedbacks. So, as a level two I was wondering what I could do to bump up sales. I went in, changed my picture and did some changes to my extras and especially keywords. Once I did this my queue gigs went from two to six and then to ten on any given day. If I dont go into suspend mode Im sure I would be sitting on over 10 at a time. So, yea Im guilty of using suspend mode. writing blog after blog can lead to serious burnout so, when I get stressed and ticked off I think hey at least people are ordering. Then Ill chill out for a while burn some calories at the gym and come back to a blog even if I stopped mid way. It helps alot. I also bumped down the delivery time to 6 days. Like another poster said, if you have good feedback and delivery a good product, the buyers will wait…Dave (dobguy1)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad I’m not the only one who has experienced this burn out!! It happened to me a few weeks ago when after a quiet period I was suddenly inundated with orders and questions. I have a full time job and family so when my order queue gets busy the pressure is on!

I extended my delivery times and increased some of my extra fast prices. It’s all helped. I also ensure I have some fiverr free days now.

Desperate to get to level two now, very close- so the passion is back! 🙂

Archived