Handling Fiverr Seller Burn-out

hotwebideas

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lisha5684 said: So my biggest problem is answering messages. Anyone else feel like this takes up more time than just completing gigs for people?

My suggestion is review your gig description. Provide more information as what your gig provides and what are not covered. If possible put samples of your work so your potential clients would know what to expect. You can also write down the requirements for you to do the job. This is particularly helpful if you offer a straight forward gig that does not need further discussion. You can also prepare canned responses for similar inquiries. Hope this helps! :-)

When you get the right balance of days to deliver, the right pricing mix, the huge over-flowing of customer accolades – you wake up ever day like I do. 3 - 5 jobs are pouring in. Every day.

The trick for me as a writer is to get up early, like 5:30 am. I head downstairs for my first Keurig coffee and read the new gigs.

I take a few seconds to study the subject matter. One might be from a doctor needing some web copy on a specific workshop he / she is teaching like ADHD. One is for selling Forex trading videos. The other one is a general Website.

I make notes about each one, and I personally respond to each order reminding them that I can only write 750 words or so for $5, and that their job sounds like a 2-pager or more and I suggest the higher priced gigs.

Guess what? 80% of them on average will buy the recommended, bigger gig.

Lear to ASK for being paid “properly” for your time. It’s a proven technique that if you ASK, you will get it. And more than 50% of the time.

Take it from a 47-year old seasoned sales and marketing guy that’s worked for Kodak, Apple, Netscape and a few other firms.

When you recommend things to buy to a customer who has already bought from you – the majority of them will take your consideration and actually purchase the next level up - result in more revenue for you, and of course higher job satisfaction… and LESS Fiverr burn out.

vpix360 said: Take it from a 47-year old seasoned sales and marketing guy that's worked for Kodak, Apple, Netscape and a few other firms.

When you recommend things to buy to a customer who has already bought from you -- the majority of them will take your consideration and actually purchase the next level up - result in more revenue for you, and of course higher job satisfaction... and LESS Fiverr burn out.

Fantastic advice. I also suggest my other gigs to my Fiverr customers once I have established rapport with them. You're right. It results in more income.

Bruce

I just remember eBay and think “I’m selling air!!!” No inventory, no shipping, no loss, no bickering with the post office, no waking up to bizarre complaints. I’ve had a few buyers who want something re-done and have been confusing as to exactly what they want. But nothing nearly as strange as some of the states buyers claimed products showed up in.

yourreviewer said: I just remember eBay and think "I'm selling air!!!!!" No inventory, no shipping, no loss, no bickering with the post office, no waking up to bizarre complaints. I've had a few buyers who want something re-done and have been confusing as to exactly what they want. But nothing nearly as strange as some of the states buyers claimed products showed up in.

Yes, I say the same thing how we deliver air. Good analogy. I did not like selling on Ebay anyway. Fiverr is so much easier.

Bruce

Many of these tips are helpful, but the only issue is that they work for less time sensitive gigs only. An editing gig, testimonial gig, or leisurely gig (the fun, creative ones) aren’t affected very much if you have, like you said, a lot of positive buyer ratings. However, my gigs are very time sensitive - press release and resumes are usually things that are ordered when its most timely - so I have a hard time not experiencing burnout. I am happy for the volume that I receive, but I haven’t been able to get my queue under 20 orders in weeks. I can’t increase the days much longer than they are now because as it is with a 5-7 day period I have already seen a decline in sales, but when I had my Gig as express and even 3 day delivery I couldn’t keep up.

I don’t do Fiverr full time and it’s hard for me because I love the platform, but I think a lot of the burnout could be avoided with the help of some simple features. For example, I wish users could have hours that they are open. When I had express gigs, if people ordered between 8am - 5pm, they would obviously be due the next day between 8 and 5. However, if i could skew the ordering time somehow so people could only order in the evening, it would stretch the 24 hours to a time period when half of the 24 hours I am not committed to another obligation.

I also wish that there was a way to mark days off, especially weekends. I don’t like that there is no way to make yourself as officially on vacation or off on weekends. It makes Fiverr a stressful commitment for people like myself who love the volume, but can’t take the orders coming in everyday while managing another job and trying to have time to myself.

I really do love Fiverr, but there are some changes I’d love to see implemented for sellers like myself who have Gigs that need to be delivered timelier but can’t or don’t want to devote every waking hour to working on gigs in addition to another job. I am really having a hard time avoiding burnout.

I have to agree with limelight. For some of us, it is simply impossible to avoid fiverr burn out. I offer art services and no matter how many times I increase the days of my gigs, I end up having to have to complete 30+ gigs a week, which is very stressful. Although I do enjoy staying busy, it can be very overwhelming at times. I do think that some gigs should operate with business hours or weekends off, busy sellers could really benefit from a feature like that.

It might be best if you have your own schedule, so you can track which order need to be done first, which one can wait.

Communicate with buyers is a great tip, I’m sure buyer will understand if you explain why the order can’t be done in time or give a longer estimated time. 🙂

I’ve experienced burnout. It happened pretty quickly from the onset of my gig. I normally would have over 10 orders in my queue and I work and I have a family and home to maintain.

Now it’s kind of nice to only have a few orders but also its a little concerning because I’m not used to not being crazy-busy.

I wish had that problem. Actually, it wouldn’t be a burnout but a nice and warm sensation on the inside for me 😃

Lately I havent been getting any orders at all, and it makes me frustrated to see sellers selling less than half views/likes/subs/comments than me for the same price and getting more orders :((

Archived