Fiverr review system changes

samcaff

Having worked with a few sellers and buyers in the past I have found that if a seller or buyer decides to cancel the order it is impossible to leave a review. 

One example that I feel NEEDS to change. 

Buyer purchases a gig. Seller deliverers the gig VERY poorly and buyer has lost trust in them to provide the service. They then wish to cancel the order. 

Once the order has been cancelled the buyer is no longer to provide a fair and honest review allowing the seller to get away without receiving a review, whether good or bad I believe is very unfair. 

Does anyone agree here ? 

It's great for the sellers but very unfair for the buyers who could potentially be mis lead by a seller having all positive reviews!

Let us know your thought on this!

Thanks 
Sam

22 minutes ago, samcaff said:

It's great for the sellers but very unfair for the buyers who could potentially be mis lead by a seller having all positive reviews

In a way I understand - but do you really have the right to review something you didn't end up paying for? I personally would say no. Cancellations do actually affect the seller's performance (and by quite a lot. They could be demoted if they have too many...)

However you're right about how things need to change. Day and night I see lots of people with fake reviews (and very obviously so!) Buyers might not get it though since they might be new to the side. The site should try to get rid of the ease people buy accounts / fake reviews with (I know it happens everywhere but still) and THEN tackle reviews again to make them more fair. Maybe more details asked? 

(Again, if you don't get a product you shouldn't review it because you also can't use it - both cause it's bad AND because you didn't end up paying for it) but you can also refuse a cancellation , keep the product and leave an honest review. I personally feel the second option is best (but I'm a seller so...)

I would have to agree with @katakatica here, for Fiverr I prefer a review should only be left if it was paid for and the seller is receiving the payment. What's stopping people from ordering and directly cancelling the order just so they can leave a bad (or even good) review on your profile? That whole system can be abused. At least there is some barrier to abusing positive or negative reviews because there is an amount to be spent.

Or the very least if something like that is implemented, it should indicate something like a cancelled order publicly on the posted review.

Moving forward, as a buyer you can always choose not to cancel the order so you will be able to leave the review. Same goes for sellers who don't want buyers to abuse and threaten them with a negative review if they don't get a refund, get paid for the work you've provided and you can respond accordingly whatever review the buyer puts in. 

1 hour ago, samcaff said:

It's great for the sellers but very unfair for the buyers

Absolutely agree with @katakatica and @theratypist

But to add another point: it’s not great for sellers. You might not be able to leave a review however every cancellation is reflected on sellers statistics, those statistics is taken into account on how often seller is shown in search results plus if their stats go below 90% (and in some cases one cancelled order is enough for that) they will be demoted if they have a level one two or TRS. 
Plus as I remember fiverr sends you an email to fill out secret review even if the order was cancelled and that weights more than a public review. 
So all in all I think it is quite fair system. 

1 hour ago, samcaff said:

One example that I feel NEEDS to change. 

Buyer purchases a gig. Seller deliverers the gig VERY poorly and buyer has lost trust in them to provide the service. They then wish to cancel the order. 

Agreed in this case since it's related to cancellation owing to poor service delivery. Of course you are getting your money back, but not the time you invested trusting that the seller would deliver the work to your expectations.. but again, the only issue would be the "potential misuse" of the system.. if there's a way to sort that out, I for one, am all in for it..

Archived