I made a gig, but no sales.

newsmike

This is still the top complaint we see here, so to review.

IF you just made a gig.

AND you are not getting sales.....

Then you are at the following point:  You are saying I opened a store, but no one is buying. Now you have to look at what is so compellingly different or better about your gig, so that anyone who sees it, stops shopping and buys from you on the spot. Otherwise your gig is just another kebob cart on a street full of them.

Take an honest look at the seller on the first page with TRS, and compare (not steal) to your gig.  You may discover things you can do better, or come to the conclusion that all of Fiverr's 200,000 logo makers cannot all be the world's best logo maker.

Making a gig is easy.  Making one that looks better, offers more value and quality than everyone who got here before you, is not. 

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

IF you just made a gig.

Then you are at the following point:  You are saying I opened a store, but no one is buying. Now you have to look at what is so compellingly different or better about your gig, so that anyone who sees it, stops shopping and buys from you on the spot. Otherwise your gig is just another kebob cart on a street full of them.

Take an honest look at the seller on the first page with TRS, and compare (not steal) to your gig.  You may discover things you can do better, or come to the conclusion that all of Fiverr's 200,000 logo makers cannot all be the world's best logo maker.

Making a gig is easy.  Making one that looks better, offers more value and quality than everyone who got here before you, is not. 

Thank you for tips ❤️

3 hours ago, newsmike said:

I remember that a couple years ago I was absolutely certain I would make a great translator (I DID have some experience in translating but never the patience to truly get into it) and I failed miserably. It's okay to realise that someone's not good at something-  gigs that don't sell are OK. The difference seems to be that many people (on here and in general) give up or even blame the site (which, fine, is FAR from perfect) or people who are trying to give them advice. Realising that mistakes are fine is hard. (but also, I do realise that many of the people coming here are desperate.)

(My advice to people: if you can't be the best, be unique. Offer something different that people might find cool or quirky. Is it professional? Not necessarily. But it works. Most of the time.)

4 hours ago, newsmike said:

IF you just made a gig.

I always get very good posts from you. Which later helps me to move forward one more time. Thank you for posting this way and I will always benefit

4 hours ago, newsmike said:

I thought that; I told myself I created these gigs, but thousands of people are here. How am I going to be successful? I believe the important thing is being determined. Thank you for your advice. 

5 hours ago, newsmike said:

IF you just made a gig.

Your point is absolutely true, and I concur with you fully. I'm grateful you shared this post with us. 

5 hours ago, newsmike said:

IF you just made a gig.

Words to live by. Nice one, by the way - dressing it up as a complaining newbie-post. :D 

Archived