Can someone explain how revisions work after a buyer has used all their initial order revisions already?

veigh8

Question

Hi, 

I currently have an order that's "Active" with a status "in revision" yet I'm on my 3rd round of revisions and the initial order only offered 1 revision. I don't understand how this is even possible and I 100% did not offer unlimited revisions. After 3 days will this order time-out the same way a delivered submission would or will it stay in my open active tab to until the end of time or if I choose to cancel it?

I'm currently in a situation that if I resubmit, the buyer just bounces back with a revision request. Besides being vague throughout the process they just pushing me to cancel and their revision comment is just "no" so even if I wanted to help them it's impossible. 

I've redone the order 3 times so it's beyond money at this point and I just feel by cancelling the order the buyer does not learn a lesson and could just repeat this situation with other sellers in future.

I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place:

1) cancel the order and receive a threat to impact my profile rating

2) hold my guns and get a 1 start rating but know that a 5 stars profile with over 150 ratings means "it's not me it's you" (if it's even technically possible for this order to end)

3) ???  [A situation I don't loose completely and at least account for a fraction my time lost / completely destroy my profile rating]

Any advice on 3 & how to avoid a future "design standoff's" because this is not a fun situation to be in at all. 

3 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, veigh8 said:

Hi, 

I currently have an order that's "Active" with a status "in revision" yet I'm on my 3rd round of revisions and the initial order only offered 1 revision. I don't understand how this is even possible and I 100% did not offer unlimited revisions. After 3 days will this order time-out the same way a delivered submission would or will it stay in my open active tab to until the end of time or if I choose to cancel it?

I'm currently in a situation that if I resubmit, the buyer just bounces back with a revision request. Besides being vague throughout the process they just pushing me to cancel and their revision comment is just "no" so even if I wanted to help them it's impossible. 

I've redone the order 3 times so it's beyond money at this point and I just feel by cancelling the order the buyer does not learn a lesson and could just repeat this situation with other sellers in future.

I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place:

1) cancel the order and receive a threat to impact my profile rating

2) hold my guns and get a 1 start rating but know that a 5 stars profile with over 150 ratings means "it's not me it's you" (if it's even technically possible for this order to end)

3) ???  [A situation I don't loose completely and at least account for a fraction my time lost / completely destroy my profile rating]

Any advice on 3 & how to avoid a future "design standoff's" because this is not a fun situation to be in at all. 

In my experience, the revision request gets abused all the time. 

Unfortunately, Fiverr doesn't stop the buyer from clicking the button, even though all the revisions have been spent. 

It will stay in your active tab unless the buyer decides to cancel it via Customer support. They usually take the buyer's side in these matters, but not always. 

You need to stand your ground, in my opinion. Explain in a polite but firm manner that no more revisions is included, and if they want further changes, they have to pay for it. Make it clear that this was a part of the terms from the start (as long as it was), and that you've been more than flexible offering two revisions more than what was included in the first place. 

Explain that you won't work for free. 

If you're completely stuck, and there's no chance of reasoning with the buyer, I'd take the negative review, and explain my side of the story in my response to the buyer. 

You have done the work and you should defend your right to get paid for your work. A single one-star review won't destroy your ratings. I have a single one-star for this very reason, and I don't regret standing my ground for a second. 

Just to add to the above - these two quotes from TOS may also help:

"Revisions to deliveries can be performed by Sellers based on the Seller’s Gig and customer care. Sellers may determine the amount of revisions offered to Buyers, including no revisions."

And:

"Buyers may use the "Request Revisions" feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller's description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process."

And a bonus quote:

"Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed."

Stand your ground, quote the terms of service ... and add a tick box to the buyer requirements along the lines that they know the above and are prepared to pay for any revisions.

In the unlikely event the buyer gets CS involved, they should also be remined of the terms of service, because it's not just buyers who don't read them ...

Escalate if necessary.

@smashradio

What I don’t understand then is why gigs bother to have a revision number to start with if buyer can just request a revision and keep the order open indefinitely? 

Or am I missing something? How does one close the order and take the 1 star review if they buyer won’t accept the order and keeps it open by requesting fake revisions. 

*I feel it’s slightly unfair and I think it should be an auto pop-up to say “unfortunately you have used all your available revisions, if you would like more revisions you can purchase one for additional $… or send your seller a courtesy request.

* Courtesy requests can be declined by buyer & if this happens order….. let the 3day countdown begin and take the 1 star voluntarily like a design solider. Hahaha  

Archived