Fiverr gave me a warning although I was the one reported

imhammadkhokhar

Hello guys,

I had a request by buyer to communicate outside Fiverr which I declined because of Fiverr TOS.

They kept asking to communicate outside, which I declined and said it has to be in written form in Fiverr chat. 

They sent me a link to join which I didn't. I did not even click on that link and reported it to Fiverr.

Fiverr sent me warning instead of the buyer and how stupid is that, I just reported myself according to fiverr support response who does not effort to read the subject or message at first.

Seriously! Why would I report if I did communication outside Fiverr, is it too hard for support team to understand the basics? Sigh.

You can find the full details about number of warning and the result here https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010880417-Warnings

How our warning system works:

• If it’s your first warning, you will be reminded of Fiverr’s Terms of Service. Repeat violations may result in account suspension. 
  • A second warning of the same type will result in account suspension. 
  • A second warning of a different type for leveled sellers will result in account demotion.
  • Three warnings of any type will result in your account being suspended.

25 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

@imhammadkhokhar I feel sorry to hear this.

I will suggest you to contact support and create a ticket with saying all the details. And ask them a favor to withdraw the warning as there is a limit of getting warnings and Three warnings of any type will result in your account being suspended.

Thanks for you reply. I mentioned that I reported the buyer message but they do not effort to understand but copy and pasted the template version of their response which they would generally say to violators. However, I have sent them another message, let see how it goes.

On 8/16/2021 at 1:45 AM, imhammadkhokhar said:

Hello guys,

I had a request by buyer to communicate outside Fiverr which I declined because of Fiverr TOS.

They kept asking to communicate outside, which I declined and said it has to be in written form in Fiverr chat. 

They sent me a link to join which I didn't. I did not even click on that link and reported it to Fiverr.

Fiverr sent me warning instead of the buyer and how stupid is that, I just reported myself according to fiverr support response who does not effort to read the subject or message at first.

Seriously! Why would I report if I did communication outside Fiverr, is it too hard for support team to understand the basics? Sigh.

For some buyers, we are experiencing problems that are unknown to us.

• 11 months later...
21 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

I hope this happens too. I made a referral after understanding a person's plight, to which I got a warning (to my surprise), I have already contacted customer service.

Did your issue get resolved? In case you got a template reply, write in detail.

13 hours ago, imhammadkhokhar said:

Did your issue get resolved? In case you got a template reply, write in detail.

I got a template response. However I challenged it, I think warning can be removed. 

They did say that the first warning is for "education" purpose only. Direct quote: "Please bear in mind that this warning bears no functional changes to your profile, and has been issued strictly for educational purposes. "

Well I had a warning because I reported a dude which clearly self-promoted a service he wanted me to buy, a service outside of Fiverr. They gave me a warning because they said I randomly reported. Obviously it was removed, but since then I never reported anything, I just use the Spam function and it serves me well.

Archived