Can we get banned for sharing client conversation screenshot even after hiding their username?

nijhoom

Recently a client provided negative review mentioning the design wasn't as per what he wanted.
Even though I only delivered after couple of revisions and when we himself mentioned

"everything looks good"

and permitted me to proceed with the delivery.
That's why I included a portion of his screenshot in the reviews reply (Hiding his username), I have created the link through a URL shortener (So I can update it if it's not right).

Wanted to know if (sharing client conversation screenshot even after hiding their username) is allowed in terms of the community guidelines.

If anyone has similar experience of link sharing of conversation screenshots, kindly enlighten me regarding this.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, nijhoom said:

That's why I included a portion of his screenshot in the reviews reply (Hiding his username), I have created the link through a URL shortener (So I can update it if it's not right).

I don't know about the url shortener but I've seen other sellers (even other TRS just like you do it). But what difference does it make hiding the username as if that was a review's reply, it will show up as a reply to that person on the gig page. So whoever is reading it will know it was a convo between you and the buyer. I guess you should go on the safe side, and clarify with Customer Support. 

4 minutes ago, theratypist said:

what difference does it make hiding the username as if that was a review's reply

Yes, that's a good point, should I unhide the username then? And okay, I am reaching out to customer support regarding this.

1 minute ago, nijhoom said:

Yes, that's a good point, should I unhide the username then?

I would still go with hiding the username, haha! Just wanted to share that perspective. Yes, absolutely best to confirm with CS if it's okay. Anyway, great work though! Seems like that buyer was hard to please.

8 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Seems like that buyer was hard to please

He was pleased and the design was one of the best I made 😄. but after about 10 days after the delivery he suddenly came and threw the review, even if he mentioned any changes I would do, or if he wanted refund I would do also.

Strange but new experience for me though.

Hm, I'm pretty sure it's not allowed to use shortened URLs in Gig description etc., so I'd not use any in replies to reviews in any case, to be on the safe side.

I hope you won't have too many of those strange experiences.

Thanks @theratypist & @miiila , I have gone ahead and contacted CS, and it turned out that It's allowed and is also recommended to prove my stand in the Reviews Reply which will be public on my gig, it would help future buyers to know the actual scenario as it should be.

Here is the reply screenshot from CS
1809059739_NegativeFeedbackatJul2806-55-45.thumb.png.3f59a1deb97d4b476a72620a97ab182c.png

19 minutes ago, nijhoom said:

Thanks @theratypist & @miiila , I have gone ahead and contacted CS, and it turned out that It's allowed and is also recommended to prove my stand in the Reviews Reply which will be public on my gig, it would help future buyers to know the actual scenario as it should be.

Thank you for the update! Hopefully will also serve as future reference if any one else will encounter and need to do something like this. 🙂

7 hours ago, nijhoom said:

Wanted to know if (sharing client conversation screenshot even after hiding their username) is allowed in terms of the community guidelines.

Depends on where you are sharing them. 
mid you are sending a screenshot to fiverr support then of course you can attach a screenshot because CS need to be able to identify which review you are referring to. 

but if you are planning to post a screenshot here on the forum then you have to cover your client’s name because it’s not allowed to negatively call out users. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite sure about that CS reply, as it says "send", and you didn't want to send it anywhere but include a shortened URL to the screenshot, but I guess if for some reason they are fine with shortened URLs in a review response, while not in other places, and also with conversation screenshots being published in review replies, it's okay, regarding the question if it's allowed on Fiverr, or at least, you'll have that support reply to back you up.

Archived