How to find out buyer name from buyer request ?

pro_shazzad

Question

9 answers to this question

You can only see a Buyer's name if you make an offer to the request. (Desktop, IF user has no profile image) Supposedly, you can see the username in mobile.

HOWEVER!

Do NOT contact a user about their Request, unless they specifically state an invitation to in the Request itself. Otherwise a message is spam and should be reported as such. You might be reported anyway, if you message another user.

The only reason to check a potential user's profile before making an offer, it to see it they might have poor Buyer reviews.

4 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

You can only see a Buyer's name if you make an offer to the request. (Desktop, IF user has no profile image) Supposedly, you can see the username in mobile.

HOWEVER!

Do NOT contact a user about their Request, unless they specifically state an invitation to in the Request itself. Otherwise a message is spam and should be reported as such. You might be reported anyway, if you message another user.

The only reason to check a potential user's profile before making an offer, it to see it they might have poor Buyer reviews.

This is very informative . Everyone should follow this 

On the desktop browser version if you really need to know the username if you're using Chrome you can right-click on the profile image and select "inspect" then look at the code where it shows alt=, eg. alt="user_name_shows_here".

I think it's similar in Firefox too now (there used to be a "view image info" option (that was an option after right clicking on the image) that showed it but now I think you need to right-click on the profile image and click "inspect" in that browser too (though you can easily restore the "view image info" option by changing a setting in about:config - if you do it will show the username in the "associated text" section of "view image info"). I don't think this will work if they don't have a profile image.

Archived