When the buyer gives me any contact information. What should I do at that time

taslimabegum28

Question

If the outside communication is needed in relation to the task you've been given to make it easier, you can communicate that way.

However, if this is a first time buyer and you haven't developed enough trust with them, make doubly sure you stay within the Fiverr platform. That way, if they go outside your gigs expectations or they take your work and run, Fiverr can investigate and help you out.

Edited by lukecondren
  • Like 22
  • Confused 5

If the information was exchanged on the order page and it is necessary to complete the order, it is ok. If the buyer gave the information for communication outside Fiverr, you say it is against TOS.

Any communication outside Fiverr platform is forbidden by the Terms of Service. 👇🏻

• To protect our users' privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  • Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.
  • Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform.
  • Like 30

If a buyer sends his/her contact info to you than you just send a send a short, polite and professional message explaining that it’s against the Fiverr ToS to contact outside.  You can also contact customer support immediately if a buyer gives you contact info again .

• Like 24

7 hours ago, taslimabegum28 said:

Please anyone suggest me

Due to the safety of our users, communication outside of Fiverr is not allowed. To clarify, if you and another user communicate outside of Fiverr, we cannot review it, have no control over what happens, and therefore we cannot properly assist and protect you.

The users’ safety and privacy are very important, so their identities are kept anonymous. Sharing any types of contact information, such as Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers, or any other personal contact details, that may lead to outside communication is not allowed.

Of course, if you need that type of information for the completion of an order, you should mention it in your Gig description and order requirements. Also, you should advise your buyers to only send the requested information and to do it via the order page.

Screenshot_1.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

I think, as you said, that often buyers don’t know the rules. I don’t report them if they ask once and not again after I explain it to them.
Something simple like “Unfortunately it is against Fiverr’s rules to contact you outside of messages here. To make sure we can communicate properly, you can download the Fiverr app. It is easy to use and will notify you when I send you a message”.

It explains it simply and gives them an alternative option so it doesn’t cause a problem.

• Like 18

On 7/10/2021 at 2:26 PM, ligiacarvalho said:

If the information was exchanged on the order page and it is necessary to complete the order, it is ok. If the buyer gave the information for communication outside Fiverr, you say it is against TOS.

Any communication outside Fiverr platform is forbidden by the Terms of Service. 👇🏻

• To protect our users' privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  • Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.
  • Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform.

Actually you can have a telephone call to discuss ideas or instructions if that discussion is necessary to complete work. Read the third bullet point.

• Like 13

I have encountered this severally and I must admit that it's kinda confusing because you are worried that Fiverr might restrict your account. From my experience, I just politely remind the buyer that it is against FIVVER TOS for buyers and sellers to share contact information outside the Fivver platform. A good client will consider that and stop it.

• Like 11
  • Up 2

On 7/11/2021 at 1:26 AM, ligiacarvalho said:

valuable information👍

• Like 13

You can simply reply for letting your buyer that, personal information sharing is prohibited here in Fiverr. And you do work only on Fiverr platform. If your buyers need any help or service, you will only do within the Fiverr market place.  

• Like 12

It may be against ToS, but if Fiverr wants to hold anyone to this they best provide the necessary tools for people to communicate and collaborate effectively. I don't think Fiverr does this. 

How are you going to design, develop, and deliver a custom website to a buyer through Fiverr's messaging system only? If the ToS states you are not allowed to communicate anywhere else but the Fiverr website, your SOL (shit out of luck).

• I suppose using Adobe XD or Figma or many other design tools that have communication and collaboration built-in are also against ToS. Good luck working in the early 2000's where you send PDF back and forth for reviews and corrections. 

• You are building a website. Does that website have a contact form? A comments system? Users and member profiles? Message forum? Can't build it. You're not allowed to build this type of software. It would allow communication between yourself and your client.

• You are building a website and you don't need the client's email address to sign them up for Cloudflare? Or Azure? or AWS? Or Google to grab API keys? Or to help them sign up for a merchant gateway account?

• Where are you putting the source control for your projects? GitHub? That's a communication platform too. 

If you literally follow the ToS then you are producing inferior work. Fiverr should drop this to an obvious warning about online safety, and that's it. If an algorithm detects outside contact information, show both users a warning and force them to acknowledge the warning before reading the message.

I have to have Microsoft Teams, or Zoom, or Google screen shares for design reviews. I need to comb through a backlog with my client to prioritize what's being delivered - that also requires communication systems like Monday or Jira or Helpdesk or Github even. 

ToS forbids me from doing my damn job. 

Edited by markusdrake
Edit some curse words, and replace it with a longer explanation.
  • Like 8

On 7/11/2021 at 12:47 AM, sm_minnat said:

You Should Avoid This type of Buyers

No! Every buyers are very potentials. Maybe the buyer don't know about a sellers practice or Fiverr's rules and regulation. A seller should tell their buyer that it is prohibited and we work only in the Fiverr platform. But in the some categories its necessary to exchange buyers email or personal information. In that case you can get buyers information. 

• Like 11