My account has been restricted and under review for accepting payment from client via PayPal

My account has been restricted and under review after accepting a payment from a client via PayPal. This is my first ever TOS violation as I've never done this before but yet still my account has been restricted and under review without any prior warnings at all, not even 1 so I'm unsure as to why I did not get any warnings at all after reading here that fiverr gives 3 warnings before and account restriction. Can someone possibly give me any answer as to why I did not get any warning at all? 

Fiverr has a very strict policy regarding communication outside of the platform, especially regarding payment since the whole platform runs on taking a 20% commission for helping you get in touch with buyers. When mentioning warnings, Fiverr says the following about it too:

• Some violations may result in an immediate block without warning based on the severity of the violation.

Since, as I said before, their whole business runs on the commission premise I believe this is such a severe violation that they skipped the warnings step and restricted your account immediately. 

8 minutes ago, delandondrake said:

Can someone possibly give me any answer as to why I did not get any warning at all?

Accepting payment from an outside source (other than through the Fiverr payment system) is a MAJOR breach of the platform rules. Perhaps, because it was such a major infraction of the rules -- which Fiverr appears to have a zero-tolerance for -- they went ahead and restricted your account. You need to be aware of the Fiverr Terms of Service before becoming a seller here. For now, you're going to have to be patient until Fiverr decides what to do with your account.

9 minutes ago, delandondrake said:

My account has been restricted and under review after accepting a payment from a client via PayPal. This is my first ever TOS violation as I've never done this before but yet still my account has been restricted and under review without any prior warnings at all, not even 1 so I'm unsure as to why I did not get any warnings at all after reading here that fiverr gives 3 warnings before and account restriction. Can someone possibly give me any answer as to why I did not get any warning at all? 

You must understand that even if it was your first offense what you did, Fiverr considers it serious because you are making the platform lose money with that action even though they are the ones who provide you with customer contact. Hopefully you will recover your account but it will be complicated, they will make it difficult for you.

You'll probably not get the account back. Accepting outside payment is right at the top of the TOS violations in terms of severity. Fiverr really hates that - for pretty obvious reasons. If they didn't give you a warning before suspending the account, that's a pretty good indicator that there's nothing else you can do.

Archived