What can sellers do when buyers are trying to steal their produts

Guest Erangasiri

Guest Erangasiri

Hi,

My, niche is graphic designing> logo. First of all I know some times we cannot satisfied the buyers with the designs and have to accept the refunds. No, offence I'm ok with that and I'm happy to give a refund to if the buyer not satisfied. However we all know some buyers are doing the opposite to that and they ask for refund for nothing even the requirements meeting 100%. Recently I got an order from a client like that and I did exactly as he requested. Also I'm offering unlimited revisions he's not letting me to do even a one revisions. He just yelling at me "I don't like, I don't want etc.". When I asked about the revisions he keeps yelling at me that he don't need revisions and just want to cancel. So I'm guessing that he is trying to steal my works. 

If anyone can help me on this that would be very helpful.

Thank you

That is why you should ask all buyers for the most minimal information, squeeze out all the information they can give you about the design they want, then you will have a solid base and the buyer will not be able to cancel the order. since in a good communication it will be possible to know what that client wants and what not. and you can even know whether or not to start an order with the buyer.   

Anyway,  ask the customer why they want to cancel, and you should not accept a simple "it's because I don't like the logo." the buyer must answer you in detail why he wants to cancel.  😉

Just don't cancel the order. Re-deliver and explain politely that since you delivered according to the brief, AND the buyer is entitled to revisions if they are unsatisfied, that the order is ineligible for cancellation. They can't force you to cancel.

Also:

Please stop offering unlimited revisions. It makes me so frustrated that sellers still do this. You water down the value of other sellers' time and labor, and you actively invite troublesome buyers.

@catwriter This is the first time I'm using the forum. So I didn't knew I can sign in here. Before I signed in I posted that. Once I noticed I can sign in here I signed in and posted this topic again. I thought it would be deleted if I signed in. Seems like it didn't. I will delete that topic. Thanks for mentioning that.

Hi @deivys20071 @gwyneth_galvin Thanks for replying on this topic. It was very helpful. But the buyer is asking continuously to cancel the order and keeps yelling at me saying that he don't like the designs and want to cancel. Also, about the unlimited revisions I'm agree with you. Now I'm considering about limit the revisions. Thanks both of you it was worth.

It's really you call. It's possible the buyer will contact CS themselves to have the order cancelled. Also bear in mind that if they accept the order they may give you a bad review. It's a matter of what you value more: your reviews, the money, or your cancellation rate.

Again, they can't force you to agree to mutually cancel. You can stand your ground for as long as you think it's worth it.

14 minutes ago, erangasiri said:

Also, what is the effect on that the fiverr CS cancelling the order for my gig?

I believe it has the same affect as any cancellation, unless they specifically stated that it wouldn't affect your order completion rate.

58 minutes ago, erangasiri said:

Also, what is the effect on that the fiverr CS cancelling the order for my gig?

Typically, as @krheatesaid, it's the same as with any cancellation. What you can do is check your analytics page and see if the order completion rate has changed (if not, then the CS canceled the order without affecting your stats, and if your order completion rate has dropped, then the cancellation was pretty much like any other, unless there are also some hidden metrics we have no access to).

Archived